What do you do with milk crates?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
PunkinPeep said:
I wonder how others are able to easily GET milk crates and wish i could have some too. :(
I got a number of ours at the Goodwill store for 25 cents each. Then another Goodwill had some they were giving away. Keep looking!

We had a group of guys over from church on Saturday to help us do some repairs and paint. We used milk crates for seats while eating lunch.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:

I love the idea of putting my cat under one. I'll have to take the sock off his head first. :p
I am laughing so hard here, I thought it was only my husband who liked to put a sock on the cat's head. One of our cats just falls over and waits till he gives in and takes it off, the other yanks the sock off immediately and looks offended then stalks off.

Milk crates--I have a couple that hold my record collection, a few holding files and photo albums, and a few out in the garage holding camping stuff plus one in use as a step-stool. I love the "dappled sun" shade idea for the garden--will have to try that one this spring!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hee hee, cats are so fun to pester! :p

I am livid that I gave away all my milk crates back in college. I have one now, just one. :rolleyes:

For nest boxes my chickens get the heavy duty cardboard "display" boxes from costco. They are open on one side with just enough lip to keep the hay in. Even in this damp climate up here, they have held tough.

ilovetodig

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
We tied one to the front and back racks of our 4 wheelers to carry things in.

nuts4hotwheels

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I live on the Texas coast and I am a kayak fisherman. I made a kayak fishing crate with lid from two crates to hold tackle, rope, anchor, rods, etc.

s42002519383228.jpg

cratelid9388950.jpg

cratetop9393958.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
That is too cool! Are those zipties holding it together? That would make a great cat carrier!

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Scotch tape on cat paw is hysterical! Sorry, no cats were harmed during the typing of that post.

Latest posts