What do you WANT to learn to do?

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I still want to learn how to play the piano. I am working on my gardening skills and I want to learn how to raise dairy goats. Hubby is going to learn how to raise honey bees. We have a very long list of things.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beanie said:
Emerald said:
Hey! You don't happen to know someone by the name of SnakeDoc do ya? He's building a popcan heater too!
Actually I think I may have met him on another forum.
That is where I know him from too. he put up a thread on the popcan heater.. Me I want to make a solar pump like the one in Mother Earth news but detachable so in the summer I can hook it to a box and small solar fan to dehydrate veggies and in the winter hook it to the kitchen window to catch that south window sun and help on sunny days boost the heat in there.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I would love to learn beekeeping, but I am REALLY afraid of bees...i mean REALLY! But I also really want to have my own honey! So I have always been tempted, but one sting and it would probably be over...ugh!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'd love to learn to surf!!! :love

I'd also like to learn how to fix my own truck, how to speak Spanish, French and Swahili, and how to build a ram pump.

pima

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi...brand new posting here, but have been reading for a while. I would really like to learn to weld. Not sure why, just one of those things I have always wanted to know how to do. :D

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On my list of the things I have missed learning... How To Darn Socks... How To Make Soap... Wood working (things like decks and storage sheds, maybe cabinets and furniture too)... How To Play The Harp...

That's just what comes to mind at the moment...

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh! I want to learn how to braid rawhide and make tack out of horsehair!

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beanie said:
DH is making some solar panels with soda cans. It's for heating the chicken's coop this winter.
I've been slowly gathering materials for that also. But I have so many other projects under way that I can't seem to get to that one.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I want to get animal processing down pat and I want to learn about milk goats and how to make cheese, soap, etc.

Latest posts