What I did right today........... or enough doom and gloom

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Those bottles usually come with a wire sling of sorts that hook easily into a few well-placed steeples on the wall. As I am going to use the 2 ltr. bottles, I will be fashioning my own wire bracket, of a similar nature, out of wire. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy! :D
Update on the bottle waterer.....I've tried it for two days now and everytime I go out in the evenings, its empty. I know my gals don't drink that much, so I can only conclude its doing a slow drip. NOT successful but I'm going to see why and try to work with it. It worked with my rabbits, so it ought to work with chickens. For now, my old waterer will have to do.....back to the drawing board! :D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I got all my errands done while my son was at school and still made it on time to volunteer in his classroom for the first time. His teacher thanked me for actually being helpful and not chatting with my son the whole time like many parents do.
I remembered to leave all the eggs laid after the bus came for my son to collect when he got home. We got 6 today! An all time high! He's selling our extras at church and donating half his money to a Haiti Relief project we're supporting.
I started dinner early enough that I was able to make pasta sauce from canned tomatoes and fresh veggies. I never manage that! Got my DH off to band rehearsal on time as well.
Didn't buy the digital camera I was eyeing at Staples on sale. I dropped mine the other day and I don't think it's repairable. I'm having fits not having a working camera here. But I walked away and came home and did more research. Turns out this camera got very bad reviews for picture quality. I found one that is a little cheaper and got much better reviews. I will wait until my next paycheck to see if I have enough to get it. I would have been kicking myself if I'd gotten the pretty one with the bad reviews!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I unloaded the last twenty plus bags of wood pellets- also vacuum packed a bunch of nuts and cereal, got another two fence posts in beside my usual animal chores.

Worked on a goat problem- I have one 3 month old bucking- only have two pens- if I put him in with the big girls, they knock him around- if I put him in with the little girls, he knocks them around- I tried him with the 7 month old buckling and he won't let the younger one eat even though I provided different eating places- the older buckling goes from one to the other. Curly just can't find his place. I thought about just running them altogether but that makes the one shed too crowded. I check and see if they have come to terms in the morning. Like a darn soap opera.

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
I did more outside painting today...it's embarrassing to figure out the last time it'd been done! Boy, doing the lattice really is "paintstaking"!:rolleyes: (sorry...full moon...strong coffee...)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Aw poor guy. I'm afraid I'd have a house goat at that point! :/ Good luck! :)
enjoy the ride said:
I unloaded the last twenty plus bags of wood pellets- also vacuum packed a bunch of nuts and cereal, got another two fence posts in beside my usual animal chores.

Worked on a goat problem- I have one 3 month old bucking- only have two pens- if I put him in with the big girls, they knock him around- if I put him in with the little girls, he knocks them around- I tried him with the 7 month old buckling and he won't let the younger one eat even though I provided different eating places- the older buckling goes from one to the other. Curly just can't find his place. I thought about just running them altogether but that makes the one shed too crowded. I check and see if they have come to terms in the morning. Like a darn soap opera.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Yesterday I got my rhubarb planted finally(2) & sewed 2 pillows & got started on dd's nightgowns for Christmas gift.
Today I will get dishwasher emptied, schoolwork, laundry & more sewing projects.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Every time Homesteadmom posts about planting, my jaw drops, I say to myself "What is she dong?" then look over to see she's in Arizona. lol
Right now I'm cleaning up getting the last out of the garden, cleaning up and getting ready for winter. Been thinking of the indor projects that are crying to get done.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Etr, sorry:bouquet, this is the time of the yr here that we get outside projects done as it is too hot in the summer mos. Summer time is when we do inside projects. I found out last week I can plant my trees anytime of the yr. But Jan is better because of prices(cheaper).

Today I got a whole bunch of corn & wheat ground up. My brother came over with his vitamix & we ground up a lot. Now I can bake some cookies tomorrow.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I soooo wanna move to Arizona for the winter...Homesteadmom do you need any kind of 'live in ' help:>) I'll be there on the next plane...ooops I forgot...I'll email my resume first and then I will hop on the next plane....LOL!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Today I hugged and kissed my children and told them I loved them :D