Reaction score
Oh, I'm laughing alright! :lol:

Punkin why are they on your list?

DianeB, Farmerlor and Dace~eggs?!

And now that is two for fudge with Henrietta and Freemotion! :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Sometimes I start to explain "the list" to a new friend and before I can finish they yell, "sausage on a stick!" and I loose it! :lol:

One friend's mom said, "Can shoes be on your list? Because I wore Keds for a really long time!"

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
When I saw the length of this thread, I thought it must have been an oldie that I missed. Wow--There are sure a lot of aversions in this crowd!!

Okay, it used to be strawberries for me. I ate about a gallon at a U-pick place as a child and puked them up that afternoon. I think anything a person has thrown up on is a permanent or long-term aversion. I like strawberries now.

Really, I really only gag over cheese-filled hotdogs and cheese-filled brats. When I was dating my husband and staying with his family for long weekends, they always seemed to serve these foul items. I would try hard to not gag or leave too much left over. Blech!

I bet I would have more if I were to try some really exotic things like tongue, any organ meat or tripe, but I haven't tried that stuff. I really just like food :) Never met a veggie or fruit that I didn't like. The meat stuff could get me, though.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Peanuts- allergic to them
Eggplant- allergic but I loved eating it. :hit
Kimchi- better not say
canned spinach- yucky, slimy stuff - Raw is good.
I'm vegetarian- so meats are on my list too.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Gatorade. Ten years ago I had the flu, I was sicker than a dog. i had to go into the hospital every day for a week for IV treatments. They had to put them in my leg b/c I was so dehydrated my arm veins collapsed. Doc recommended I drink watered down gatorade. I still can't drink gatorade.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dragonlaurel now you MUST tell about your kimchi experience!

me&thegals puking up food always puts it on your list!

miss_thenorth, yeah, now I don't want gatorade! You poor thing!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
what is the fudge thing about?!!? i mean - sugar and fat? in a pan??!??!? whats NOT to love!

Dace - the cosmo thing was just a nightmare...i think i had like 12 or 14. i vaguely remember the gal making them saying something like 'oh geez i didnt know you could drink so much = this is 100 proof' or something like that... i dunno... kinda wish i died that nite it was so bad. that was a sat nite and on monday when i had to get on an airplane for a biz trip i was still drunk or hung over or something... ugh.

after that i switched to tequila b/c its so much easier on me
;-)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Two things that were off my list for a long time are back on....puked up plogues (buckwheat pancakes cooked only on one side) and couldn't face them for years.....Dad made them for me a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't get enough!

And one of my favorite cookies, a cakey one made with a can of crushed pineapple.....barfed those up and still get the willies just thinking about them! :sick

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:lol: <--look close at that little guy, there are tears streaming out too!

OFG, RIGHT ON!!! What is wrong with sugar and fat in a pan? It is that they over did it!!! (Sadly I am craving fudge now!)

free, glad to hear something made it off your list, that is hard to do. But I'm with you, cookies made out of crushed pineapple should be on EVERYONE'S list! :sick

ETA: I'm laughing so hard I am forgetting my commas!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Don't read this if you are grossed out easily.

I was in a junkyard once when a van was brought in that had been found by the police. : The body was already removed but it had been in there a long time. The smell was extreme. Kimchi smells like that. Remembering it makes me almost gag. :sick

Unfortunately, my DH likes the stuff. I make him take the jar Outside before he even opens it!