what is with kids toys

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On a minor derailment- upon finding out I am having our second daughter (and last child), it's very upsetting how many people have replied with "bummer", "I'm sorry", or "is your husband upset?" I'm happy to have 2 girls, why is everyone so worried about me having a boy??

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wow, that is dang rude.. What does it matter what sex the baby is?? It reminds me of when we had my DS. For a long time, maybe 5 or 6 years, people, even ones we didn't know well, told us to give him "a little brother or sister" I used to get SO mad. One day a lady asked ex-DH "How about a brother or sister?" He smiled at her and said "No… my mom's too old now" (He knew what she meant, but man, that shut her up quick! LOL)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol good reply!

My husband says little girls can hunt and butcher just as well as little boys, so what does he care which he has?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My good neighbors have a ten year old daughter. She is the apple of her daddy's eye! She's been hunting for a couple years. She's already bagged a buck and a couple does and lots of pigs. She keeps offering to help and asking when we're gonna butcher pigs, lol.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@sumi want to hear rude? Shortly after my daughter was born my MIL said to DH, "it's just too bad she wasn't a boy". I. Was. Furious!

My daughter told her 7 year old male cousin all about butchering pigs and chickens. He was horrified, he didn't realize people ate animals (huh? Super sheltered right??)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad your daughter will have a little sister too. I was 7 years older than my sister and we had tons of fun! It was kinda like having a living doll baby, lol!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@NH Homesteader that was dang rude! Wow…

Your daughter is going to be so happy growing up with a sister and you and your DH is happy with girls and that is ALL that matters :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kids are Kids... My grand daughters play with toys truck and cars and my grand son plays cooking. Companies need to understand that... but sadly decisions are mostly made in board rooms that are mostly out of touch with reality.

Not to mention toys these days a pure garbage. They are made to break as fast as they are un-packaged. So they can fill up the land fills quicker and you have to buy another one and another one and another one, gotta keep those Chinese workers working -egads!

Try and find a cap gun these days to play cowboys and Indians or cops and robbers - nope. I had plenty a cap gun when I was a kid and I didn't turn out so bad...

Latest posts