What to do with all that milk!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woohoo! Only 4ish here and I'm still at work. They might frown on me if I start imbibing at my desk, lol!

I am going to try that first recipe for sure. It just sounds so bizarre that I have to test it out for myself!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So where's the pics boss lady? Hmmm? Are you still milking goats!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish I lived closer to both of you. I have no does in milk this year and all the time in the world(that's not really true but I don't have a "real" job). I would so help you with chores in exchange for some milk;)

Glad you got rid of some of those boys!!

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is awesome! I have 4.5 gallons in freezer of milk and 2.5 in fridge now that I am weaning BOTH kids. I really want to make cheese but, time... And then waiting the 3 months for it to age is HARD for my DH. I think he has gotten to the point of ignoring it now lol.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Does any of you make blue cheese? I'm curious what it would be like made with goat's milk, if it's possible? Goat's milk cheese is so nice and blue cheese is… Let's just say you can catch me in a trap with that stuff!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have made cheddar cheese, drunken goat cheese, mozzarella, feta, chevre, farmers (I do like the farmers with garlic and basil on crackers tho...!:clap) I have over 34 recipes (different types of cheeses) and hubby made me a wonderful cheese press to help me try it. I will do Parm, manchego and a few others this year just building my stash for it. My coworkers LOVE IT.
I am in AWE of all that you do! Do you get your recipes off of a website? If so, could you post a link? I don't want to ask you to type up 34 different recipes, lol!