What to do with all that milk!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woohoo! Only 4ish here and I'm still at work. They might frown on me if I start imbibing at my desk, lol!

I am going to try that first recipe for sure. It just sounds so bizarre that I have to test it out for myself!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:hide Printed the Milk Liquor recipe. Sounds interesting...looks a little weird a process but, hey.....:old

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to get by the liquor store tomorrow and pick up some vodka to use....after that it's 'game on'!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did you use lemons for the citrus? Any other fruits? I'll be waiting to hear just how much flavor remains from the fruit/juice. Raspberries sound lush to me!:) So I'm thinking that when I bring all those "extra" berries home from my Sunday sampling I should be prepared to make up a batch and hope for the best. Worth a try.

By the way, the first bottle of wine has stopped the bubble/gas thing, so it's waiting to "finish" itself. Since my patience just isn't always good -- I had to sip. Yep, just a 1/4 tsp ish nip to see if it was working. Much to my surprise, it was pretty good! Of course it isn't at the "pour a glass" stage but, did have a "wine" taste & probably a good amount of alcohol as I could get some "heat" from just that tiny nip!

Never tried this before and I am NOT a heavy red wine OR grape juice drinker. But this was milder than both. I'm thinking in a month or so it will be pretty tasty. With that in mind, I'm going to set off on the white grape/add cranberry juice blend and who knows what will happen. LOL

This adds another dimension to SS :woot

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I keep hearing about this wine making going on here, but is it a secret or something?!? ;) Go on and tell us what you're doing and how you're doing it! I love me a glass of wine in the evenings before bed and though I can get the stuff cheap enough, I won't mind making my own, especially if I can do a drinkable batch.

(Thinking about some ex-DH's brewing experiments now… Yikes)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm no expert for sure- but I do enjoy trying new things.

@Mini Horses - I used half an orange. After I shook it up to help dissolve the sugar I had to give it a tiny taste test. Oh my gosh- had a bit if a creamsicle taste and I can tell it's going to pack a bit of a punch, lol. Time and aging should make it a bit more mellow.

edited because I can't type on my phone...argh

Last edited: