What's for dinner tonight?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Found the pic but not the recipe.....I will guess it is a little crock filled with sauce and veggies with cheese melted on top. Ya think?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i just gotta throw this out there... we just had dinner and it was so good and easy... just had to share.

we saw this on Rachael Ray this morning - i think The Big Man has a crush on her.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/enchilada-suizas-and-green-rice/

it was so easy - it took me 15 mins of prep. we didnt make the sauce or the rice... but here is what we did:

1. went and got a package of already cooked turkey out of the freezer and defrosted it and then shredded it. you could use a can of chicken i'm guessing.
2. got a jar of salsa verde - our store brand. $2.19 on sale! put some in the bottom of the baking dish
3. heated up the corn tortillas and rolled them up with the turkey
4. poured the rest of the jar of salsa over the enchiladas
5. put dollops of sour cream on them
6. got a bag of cheese (whatever kind) and shook it over - i think i used about half
7. baked it for 20 mins at 375*

while it was cooking i cleaned the kitchen and heated up a can of beans in the same cast iron skillet i used to heat up the tortillas.

seriously - it was the easiest thing i've ever done. it took 15 mins from me walking down to the freezer to putting it in the oven. and clean up was almost nothing. i cant believe my sink is clean! Flylady will be so proud of me!!!

whoot!

we've decided this is going to be one of our 'we're too tired to come up with something interesting for dinner let alone COOK' meals.

wonder what Rach will have tomorrow.. i'm sure SOMEONE will be glued to the screen!

:)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Sounds great OFG!!! :drool

Currently I'm baking at 350:
1 large cubed eggplant (soaked in salt water first)
1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange bell peppers chopped
1 med sliced yellow onion
3 sliced garlic cloves
tossed with sea salt, cracked black pepper, itallian herbs and olive oil.

I'm guessing it will take about 30 minutes or so.

Once it comes out and cools a bit I'm serving it with cubes of feta cheese. :drool

(I ate this at a new year's eve party and just copied the ingredients. It had a special name, but I can't remember it. And I'm eating it for lunch NOT dinner :p)

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
A couple of days ago, I harvested some of my turnips. I diced the roots and cooked them separately, then sauteed the greens in bacon fat, added onion, potatoes, dehydrated celery and water. Made some baking powder biscuits and loved that meal to death.

Added the remaining turnips to the stew, made a cornbread, and had it for breakfast and dinner yesterday, and then shared it with my granddaughter today for breakfast again...and she loves turnips !!!! I admit, I snuck them in on her, but she went nuts for the greens and the turnips as well.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Oh yum, BBH! Reminds me a bit of ratatouille. Yum!

Tonight we are having cranberry sauce, salad and chicken pot pie from yesterday's leftover chicken.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Oh yum, BBH! Reminds me a bit of ratatouille. Yum!

Tonight we are having cranberry sauce, salad and chicken pot pie from yesterday's leftover chicken.
That sounds delicious!!! Chicken pot pie is my favorite and I love cranberry sauce too! :drool

LDY I love turnips and greens!! Baking powder biscuits and cornbread... :drool

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I am sitting here thinking about trying the cornbread with my jalapeno and onion jam....

'scuse me...heading to the kitchen.....

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Are you from the South?!!! OH how I miss my southern food!!!! Fried chicken, turnip greens, mashed potatoes, hot sauce, cornbread, biscuits and ham and red eye gravy....oh MAMMA!!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Nope, California born and bred. But I know good eats when I eats them !!!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Sounds great OFG!!! :drool

Currently I'm baking at 350:
1 large cubed eggplant (soaked in salt water first)
1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange bell peppers chopped
1 med sliced yellow onion
3 sliced garlic cloves
tossed with sea salt, cracked black pepper, itallian herbs and olive oil.

I'm guessing it will take about 30 minutes or so.

Once it comes out and cools a bit I'm serving it with cubes of feta cheese. :drool

(I ate this at a new year's eve party and just copied the ingredients. It had a special name, but I can't remember it. And I'm eating it for lunch NOT dinner :p)
Hey BBH....why did you soak your eggplant in salt water? Typically you salt it and let it drain, not soak it.