What's for dinner tonight?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I dont know, I guess I thought that was the way you do it. I always get things wrong. :p It turned out fine though, I'm eating it right now. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
eggplant? we dont get eggplant out here.....drat! love it baked
:)

so we were suckered in by Rachael again - having the spicy peanut chicken she made today on her show.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
eggplant? we dont get eggplant out here.....drat! love it baked

so we were suckered in by Rachael again - having the spicy peanut chicken she made today on her show.
I am always pleasantly surprised that her food is usually pretty healthy.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I dont know, I guess I thought that was the way you do it. I always get things wrong. :p It turned out fine though, I'm eating it right now. :D
Well if it works it works, but here is the *proper* way as I was taught in culinary school....slice the eggplant and lay slices on a rack (what you would cool cookies on) set on top of a large cookie sheet or over the sink. Liberally sprinkle both sides of each slice with kosher salt (now I would use sea salt) and let drain for 30 mins. The salt will pull out any bitterness. Rinse, pat dry and proceed.

If your eggplant was bitter, I would think soaking it in salty water would not pull out much of the bitter.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh yeah dinner......

Left over Hoppin John with a salad for DH & I ....kiddos will prolly polish off the lasagna I made for company the other night.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
BBH - aint you from texas?? how could you not know that!
hee hee
;-)

Dace - sounds yummy!