What's for dinner tonight?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Me too Okie! What are you serving along side it? Oh I think you said carrots and you snuck in a few potatoes...

Lets see, I think we will also have a nice big salad full of fresh lettuces, raw broccoli, carrots and red bell peppers. I also have carrots and big hunks of onion in with the roast.

For lunch today I am making a biggy salad full of the same things mentioned above, a dollop of full fat cottage cheese and a nice, creamy parm dressing. I also baked some chicken breasts (skin on). :drool

The other day at a local diner they had a russet potato the size of a person's head on display!!! Everyone took photos with their phones! (Not me b/c my phone is dumb.)

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
".... my phone is dumb....." that's funny!

my lunch was pretty today.
(Gosh, I hope I'm doing this right...)
I had a sliced tomato, a sliced avacado, a dollop of cream cheese, a bunch of celery, some natural peanut butter, a chunk of cheddar and two slices of smoked turkey.

I know, it was this and that, nothing matched, but it was yummy!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
okiegirl1 said:
".... my phone is dumb....." that's funny!

my lunch was pretty today.
(Gosh, I hope I'm doing this right...)
I had a sliced tomato, a sliced avacado, a dollop of cream cheese, a bunch of celery, some natural peanut butter, a chunk of cheddar and two slices of smoked turkey.

I know, it was this and that, nothing matched, but it was yummy!
Cant takd credit for that line, Dace got me addicted to saying things are "dumb"...it is a perfect word isn't it?! :lol:

Sounds yummy to me!

My daughter has an old box of "goldfish" and did you know that 55 goldfish = 20g carbs? :lol: Dont ask. But I got as close as grabbing a handfull to begin counting....put them back and instead I reached for some salted nuts. Close call!

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so I THOUGHT I was doing good yesterday, I grabbed a yogurt for breakfast. not thinkin, just ate it and went about my day. Just 'cause I was curious, I looked at the carbs. 31 CARBS!!!!! I about died! especially since I ate two whole grain tortillas for lunch. (at 19 each by the way) needless to say, yesterday wansn't so good.

but oh well, yesterdays gone. I just keep trying to get better every day.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hate that one time you just grab a product & start eating it, THEN read the label, there is always something that you would prefer not to eat. It's mostly a habit now, but I still slip up. Like the gum I bought today: Medium Chain Triglycerides, soy lecithin, modified food starch, ASPERTAME!!! :sick
Yeah, it's in the trash now.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am going to indulge my patient meat eaters tonight since the last several nights have been meat free :)

Beef fajitas with citrus marinade and lots of bell pepper, onion and mushrooms with home canned pinto beans......I'll be skipping the tortillas.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace, I would love to elaborate on my pumpkin soup. Roasted 1/2 of a medium $1 after Halloween pumpkin, we bought for the chickens but I had to see if it was too stringy for us, not. Sauted 3 cloves of garlic with probably 3 jalapenos, 3 or 4 serrano peppers and some under developed Big Jim peppers in coconut oil. Added 2 cans of full fat coconut milk and one pint of my own homemade chicken broth. Thought about curry and chickened out. Seasoned with salt, pepper, extra garlic powder and a pinch of paprika and tumeric. Added a tablespoon of my pickled hot peppers. The perfect touch was that added acid. I had a bumper crop of peppers this year. They are still going. Did you ever make the Captain Morgan?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
GardenWeasel said:
Dace, I would love to elaborate on my pumpkin soup. Roasted 1/2 of a medium $1 after Halloween pumpkin, we bought for the chickens but I had to see if it was too stringy for us, not. Sauted 3 cloves of garlic with probably 3 jalapenos, 3 or 4 serrano peppers and some under developed Big Jim peppers in coconut oil. Added 2 cans of full fat coconut milk and one pint of my own homemade chicken broth. Thought about curry and chickened out. Seasoned with salt, pepper, extra garlic powder and a pinch of paprika and tumeric. Added a tablespoon of my pickled hot peppers. The perfect touch was that added acid. I had a bumper crop of peppers this year. They are still going. Did you ever make the Captain Morgan?
yummmmm that sounds great....I have a pumpkin sitting here waiting for me to do something with it. The chickens had no interest in the raw pumpkin that I gave them so I am thinking of cooking this one up for them. Maybe I will keep some for soup.

I have not made the CM yet, but really want to! I will post results hen we do get to it. I also want to make some Bailieys for the ladies in the family...we all love it.