What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today is probably burger day.

coleslaw has been a nice change. Mom doesn't like her coleslaw with anything in it other than mayo so i take portions and spice it up however i'd like.

yesterday's version was the coleslaw with the mayo and then i put a little brown sugar and apple cider vinegar on it and then also some hot sauce and roasted peanuts. makes it a meal and very satisfying for me since it takes a while for me to chew all that stuff up and the peanuts give it some more staying power and longer term energy (fat and protein).

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a lot of onions and plan to make a casserole, which is more an onion pie, IMO. FINALLY got recipe for one an exGF of DS made. It was good when I had hers. So 🤞 basically onion, cheese custard 😁. No time today...outside with goats & tractor play.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just waiting for this loaf of bread to finish....by then, maybe I'll decide what to cook to go with 🤔😁. Freezer and pantry being surveyed. It's more about what sparks my taste thoughts and how much time I want to spend "fixing" than anything else :lol:

Lazy. Trying not to stop with just hot bread & butter! :drool😁

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just waiting for this loaf of bread to finish....by then, maybe I'll decide what to cook to go with 🤔😁. Freezer and pantry being surveyed. It's more about what sparks my taste thoughts and how much time I want to spend "fixing" than anything else :lol:

Lazy. Trying not to stop with just hot bread & butter! :drool😁

sprinkle with a bit of garlic salt and call it done?

you can always snack later (just kidding because snacking later is a big downfall for me).

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds darn good to me!

We had Swiss mushroom burger patties - no bun. Green beans (Purple dove) roasted with olive oil, garlic and spices, The mushrooms that went with the meat patty and a tomato, cucumber and red onion salad. Oh my - it was yumalicious! More food than I've put together in quite a while.