What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rednecks gotta eat! :drool. At my grands it was bologna, spam was expensive, or not avaiable. 😁

3:19farmandoutdoors

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Homemade cinnamon rolls.

I am trying to get back into my menu plan but I'm missing key ingredients. Like whole chickens. I'm out. so I can't do half of my menu. (But I can do the other half based on venison roast). no garden potatoes this year, I sucked it up and bought some. Baby steps. Hoping to get back into suppertime swing of things.
can you attach a recipe please

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
last night i had healing ice-cream (what Mom now calls it :) ) for dinner and then for dessert i had some sloppy joes. yes, i'm doing things in reverse...

i got up this morning, at 3am, stayed up until 6, took a 2hr nap and then forgot to have breakfast and went out to get some gardening done before it got too hot out. came in and was still not hungry but Mom toasted some homemade bread and we had sloppy joes (me for brunch).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
carrot salad, peanuts, cookie and milk. i feel like i am in kindergarden all over again. :) i would like another half dozen cookies and raid the cream cheese frosting that is here for the carrot cakes but ... i will be strong and resist. i hope... :)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Several of Hub's cousins (all over 75 yrs old) came to visit. One couple are avid fishermen up in Northern WA state - ocean fishing even at their age of 80 and 78. Anyhoo, they brought vac packed halibut for one dinner. It was delish!!

just for the halibut.