What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mostly the liver "processes"...changes to different forms, sends to work with other elements, removes and throws into the outbound channels of urine/feces. So, most things, used & going out, do not remain the junk it was coming in. When the things coming in are NOT healthy, or in an amount cannot be processed, they stay and stores itself. The liver can work wonders but, only with help, and less of the constant assaults we often take in through our mouths. Portion and selections matter.

We create so many of our own health issues as humans, far beyond natures mistakes within us. A nutritionist would be far more explicit -- but, the gist is that a liver processes, self cleans (most things), if treated well.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The only liver I like is fried chicken livers, from a young chicken.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My night to cook, temperature near 70, but on and off again rain showers. Quick fire up the grill in between rain showers.

My wife obviously loves me long time, since she bought my favorite cut of meat, T-Bone :). She likes a good filet, she always buys two so I can have one if I want it.
IMG_20190407_171627393_HDR.jpg

Wild black cherry chunks cut from big branch off one of our wild black cherry trees out back and Kingsford charcoal makes for a nice smokey grill. Smoke them first away from the fire, then move them over the fire until done. She likes her's butterflied and medium well, I like mine medium rare. She doesn't like the bacon on the filet, more for me to eat.
IMG_20190407_175238597_HDR.jpg

A nice smoke ring and cooked perfectly for both of us. Quick salad, and baked potato, throw in a glass of good golden american wheat homebrew and you got a awesome delicious meal.
IMG_20190407_181251326.jpg

Give the T-bone bone to my wife's Rottweiler (baby bear cow wolf), leftover greens to the chickens and everyone is happy. The rest? It's just a delicious memory.
IMG_20190407_183239617_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
While we still have cool weather, I'm going to cook a ham tomorrow.

That meat up there makes me want to go clean up the smoker. I have ribs in the freezer I need to use up.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yum! I love Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce... (we save it for a special treat because it's so baaaaaaaaad - in a good way) I betcha it would be delicious used in the above recipe. :drool

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yum! I love Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce... (we save it for a special treat because it's so baaaaaaaaad - in a good way) I betcha it would be delicious used in the above recipe. :drool
Ha! I used the Aldi's knock off of Sweet Baby Ray's! I was too pooped to make any from scratch, so now we have the back up cupboard for stuff like that.