whats new

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes and Yes, the black and white baby is a doe and the cream is a buckling. So we will be keeping both. Thank you I am really excited to bring them home.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I told it wrong in my last post the doe is white and the spotted one is a buck. I just finished trimming all the grown ups feet. The new doe Honey is the worst. I think I took off at least half an inch. She will be a work in progress. We are still undecided on names for the babies.When we started raising goats we decided to go though the alphabet for names so,I need a name that starts with G and one for I We gave H to mamma. Any ideas? please share.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gina, Isobel for girl names, Ichabod and Gerald for boy names.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, we decided on Ivan for the boy and Gracie for the girl. The next doe we get in May will need a J name. Today was productive. Got grocery shopping done, a haircut for the boy and started the ball rolling on getting our barn built. It will be nice to consolidate housing for the critters and hay and feed storage. Rainy days will be much easier this way.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, my baby girl is 26 today. I feel old. Not much gong on around here. Baby steps with the farm. We are expecting to get our barn started after Easter. I am reclaiming some red bricks to use for framing flower beds. The garden is coming in nicely. I just pray the rain doesn't wash us out again.

Last edited:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My baby girl isn't quite that old, but when I realize that my son is getting close to 30, I feel old!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The barn got started yesterday. Hoping they will be done by the end of next week. We are heading out this afternoon on a weekend camping trip with the cubscouts. I am tired already. I have done nothing with the bricks yet, can't decide where I want to put them. I am planning a flower bed for my black eyed susans and one for my snapdragons.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember doing cubscout camping trips. It was so much fun, enjoy while you can, it will be over far, far too soon. Then there is nothing but waiting for grandbabies........ LOL

The bathrooms at one cubscout camp out were so disgusting, that us moms decided to pee out in the woods. One lady had never done that and was horrified at the mere mention of such a barbaric activity. She was convinced by the unbearable stench emanating from the bathrooms, so she gave it a try. We instructed her how the process went and off into the woods she went. Out of the darkness came a plaintive cry, "I peed in my shoe!"