What's under the Denver airport?

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
nah, no need to get depressed.

I look at it two ways.
one: God has always provided for us. He always will. one way or another.
two: be it the 2012 thing or an ice storm, talking about it gets you thinking about what you can do.

I'm going to start gathering more heirloom seeds. Start making contact with people that have more/better skills than I have and try to learn as much as possible. Gather SS books. You can learn so much from books, and you don't have to worry about having electricity to use them :)

I can't do EVERYTHING, but I can do more than nothing.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Did ya'll see the movie "I Am Legend"? In the movie they talk about a "survivor's camp" that's bricked off and gated, so the "survivors" can live and thrive and be safe from those "infected".

I'm thinking something a long those lines for all of us Ants. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I can't do EVERYTHING, but I can do more than nothing.
WOW i love that you said this!!! now i'm going to ponder. heck i might even have a deep thought.... somebody write down this date!

:)

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
flick.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Did ya'll see the movie "I Am Legend"? In the movie they talk about a "survivor's camp" that's bricked off and gated, so the "survivors" can live and thrive and be safe from those "infected".

That movie was way to scary for me!! But yes I have watched it about 6 times.

:hide

gina

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Wifezilla said:
How long after the "grid goes down" will they realize that they can't eat their gold ?
As soon as the finish the last jar of capers and they notice the brie is also gone.
Um.....so which category am I in, then? I have some stinky cheese aging in my fermenting fridge, and I plan to make some milkweed pod capers this spring from the recipe in Wild Fermentation.

Oooooo, am I elite??? :weee
NO mam -- not elite. All of us SS'ers eat the cream of the crop stuff. Capers and stinky cheese, fillet minion with smoked bacon, raspberries and fresh thick sweet cream. You know the usual stuff. Don't be too disappointed however. ;)

To be truly elite you have to eat it (insert fancy food here) ONLY and ONLY eat it so that others can see that you eat it and are elite in your tastes. It is very important that you eat ONLY the fashionable brand as well AND pay 20 times the usual worth for it, again just to show the other elite that you can afford to pay that much.

Bah. Who needs to be elite. Now will someone please pass the brie. :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, so it's not elite when you eat it standing over the sink and after you pulled a goat hair out of it?? :D

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Oh, so it's not elite when you eat it standing over the sink and after you pulled a goat hair out of it?? :D
It's funny because it's true :D
And there's nothing elitist about loving good food!

Does anybody else automatically think about Ron White harpooning his in-laws when they hear the word "elitist"?