How public, like a frog
To tell your name the live-long day
To an admiring bog!

--Emily Dickinson

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I actually remember seeing a show a few years ago. They were attributing all of delays and issues to the airport being built on sacred Indian burial ground. No joking. I figured whatever building they did not use were haunted.

It is really strange all of the things going on with it. Like the barb wire fence. Do they maybe say someone put it on backwards and they just decided to leave it?

Why did they bury the buildings they claim were built incorrectly? Those murals on the you tube videos are just plain scary. That artist must have been either trying to send a message or just messed up in the head. Maybe both?

If it is a military strong hold or what not thats fine too, All I want to know is where is the one in Ca. I'll buy the land next door. ;)

g

Ldy http://www.norad.mil/about/CMOC.html
Gina,, I live near miramar open space and there is said to be a bunker about 2 miles form us.Hubby and DS have gone hiking around to see what they could find....came back empty handed of course, but I woudl love to find info on it!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dace I am afraid just like the rest on here we would be Nobody's!! I am sure Camp Pendleton has facilities as well but .... I plan on sitting on my sofa with a beer that day. Maybe watching a good movie.

I suppose just like the comet thing there will be sad stories on the news, remember Heavens Gate?

If there is a polar shift like mackay said it will be over in two hours, and I live really close to a big bad ocean. Oh, and don't forget the Nuclear power plant up the road.

It will be quick.

gina

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Oooooo, am I elite???
Yeah, but you made it yourself. That makes you a poser! A real elite would have paid way too much for it to be made in a 3rd world country by oppressed people. Making it yourself is just so bourgeois!

:gig

As for conspiracies, I do find them fascinating, but I always keep a certain quote in mind...

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I am a huge conspiracy theory junkie :lol: Really I am...I have read them all, researched them all...been scared outta my pants by a few of them...and they are actually what ultimately led me to an SS lifestyle.
Solar Storms have been known to burn power transformers in the past...and could destry power for all the earth if strong enough, I suppose. Of all the conspiracy theories I have read, a solar storm seems the most likely...BUT without all that 2012 nonsense attached...
So we will be back to a land before hydro...we can all live with that...if it happens.
The only thing I can say for sure is that the 2012 issue is not nonsense. Its been written in to many books over thousands of years. Now how it may be interpeded my be nonsense, but it is based on science. How can you credit the Mayan civilization and their calendar with nonsense? It is a much more perfect calendar than our Gregorian. The ancient Sanscrit teachings also speak of the same change in time that the mayans speak of. and it is found in Tibetian teachigs and Hopi also, but the Mayan and Sanskrit have it nailed right down to the day. Of course there is also the bible... prophesy of end times, the return of Christ, the depravation of culture, the wars, the false prophets, but of course the bible gives no dates.... but it is interesting to note that 2012 likely about pinpoints the 2000 year aniversary of the birth of Jesus.

The avatar of the previous segment was likely Buddha, and before him Elijah.

Sanskrit teachings say that an avatar is present for every 2,000 year segment of the 26,000 year cycle that will close in 2012. Jesus being the last avatar of major importance, for directing world events.

Prophecy is coming to gether like never before. But the Mayan calendar and the Sanskrit teachings have nailed it in their measure of cycles of time and alignment of this universe with the galactic center. How it will all play out is to be seen.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I guess I'm not worried about it. Either we'll all end in 2012, or we won't.

Way I see it, means I have what, 2 years to get everything in order? or to enjoy life?

If it's instant, I like the thought of going out without knowing what hit us! :lol:

just don't leave me here in pain and suffering, or if I am left here, leave me in pain and suffering and leave my children whole. I can deal with pain and suffering of my own, but my children in pain or suffering would be more than I could bear.

As for the elite, when TSHTF it's the SS'er's who'll become the elite...and the elite will be trying to sneak their way in.

We're the ants, they're the grasshoppers, and in the original story, the grasshopper starved to death. ;)

We'll be the Self Reliant Elite, and we'll rule the world! whoot!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Oooooo, am I elite???
Yeah, but you made it yourself. That makes you a poser! A real elite would have paid way too much for it to be made in a 3rd world country by oppressed people. Making it yourself is just so bourgeois!

:gig

As for conspiracies, I do find them fascinating, but I always keep a certain quote in mind...

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
:gig Great quote! I'll have to remember that one!

Ooooo, I'm bourgeois! :ya Everything sounds so much better en francais!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh great....now y'all have revived my peak oil anxiety :smack

I had a hard time shaking that one, it always lingers at the back of my mind.

Soooooo......what shall we do to prepare (just in the event a few of us make it)??

Let's start a 2012 Prep thread :thumbsup

While I am being dramatic (just a tad :p) I really am curious about how everyone would prioritize preps for a potential SHTF scenario.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh crap you all. I'm just now learning how to live life, to enjoy and do what I've always wanted to do, to learn something new, to relish the property we bought. And I'm gonna die in 2 years? Phooey. Not enuf time left then. ....should'd started this journey a few years ago.....deep sigh....

The next worrisome thing is my daughter and my grandbabies, especially my 4 yr old granddaughter, and my 18 yr old son. No fair that they won't have enuf time to grow, live, work, get educated, contribute.....

Gonna go get depressed for a while, and then try to snap outa it....