What's your luxury purchase?

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So obviously this site is about living frugally, but what luxury purchase do you allow yourself? I splurge on sushi every so often, and on Matrix hair lotion. (Still buy the cheap shampoo & conditioner, tho!) :D

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Cheap (alas) chinese takeout lunch twice a month or so; decent quality dark chocolate; and frankly, the horses (2 retirees, 1 theoretically in work) do not "do" anything around here so I suppose they are just a big ol' luxury (except really the retirees I figure I owe them a good retirement, so maybe it's just the rideable one)

My husband would probably say the cats are a luxury. I wouldn't :p

Frankly, internet access is a pure luxury to me (not to DH)

Pat

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
hmmm...actually for me, having internet is a splurge....other than that, I would say buying my incubators was a splurge and once a month we take the kids out to eat.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I scrapbook and make cards so I guess those supplies are splurges. Sometimes, shoes if they are really, really comfy.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Vanilla paste, love it for baking. Pretty expensive for a little bottle.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i just purchased my next luxury item....no more mouth pain :weee i had all four of my wisdom teeth yanked out, 3 of which were bony impacted to the point that they had to remove some bone.....dang i bet it would have hurt if i didnt have pain drugs. :lol:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Ouch to the 3 bone impacted wisdom teeth. Only one of mine was that way. I still have a hole in my mouth thy had to remove so much bone. Yeah, its gonna hurt when those drugs wear off. You have my complete and total sympathy. I cringed just thinking about it.

My luxury purchase - Gosh thats tough. I guess cable. I have to have the internet to email DH's work logs in daily, so that is not really a luxury except I would still have it even if I did not have to do his stuff. Chicken feed for my Silkies. Yes they lay eggs but not many they are to busy fighting over the few I leave in there for them to sit on. They are always broody.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Cable and Internet. Environmentally friendly hair products from the co-op and definitlely sushi!!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW! I feel like the high roller here. Every Fri night we go to a little out of the way chinese place where they have a seafood buffet. She has her crab legs, which I find to be WAY too much like work, and I get my baked salmon which she finds WAY to "fishy" smelling. $10 each.