What's your luxury purchase?

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Good chocolate, not Hersheys.

Good soft drinks, not made with high fructose corn syrup.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! :D Community Dark Roast from New Orleans. We buy it direct and have several pounds shipped to us on a regular basis.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this is easy for me

when I had my horses, anything horse related was fair game! spent money on them and stuff I wanted, saddles etc.

Now that my last horse has passed, my next luxury is buying 2 new horses, one for me and 1 for Nicole. Just waiting about 2 years til she is 5 ---then Mommy and Daughter horses! OH MY I CAN NOT WAIT---not that I want to wish 2 years away....but come on already! :)

everyday luxury type things, hmm....not sure actually. I don't splurge on much. My horses were my splurge and that will come again. OW to the wallet..HA HA

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
this is easy for me

when I had my horses, anything horse related was fair game! spent money on them and stuff I wanted, saddles etc.

Now that my last horse has passed, my next luxury is buying 2 new horses, one for me and 1 for Nicole. Just waiting about 2 years til she is 5 ---then Mommy and Daughter horses! OH MY I CAN NOT WAIT---not that I want to wish 2 years away....but come on already! :)

everyday luxury type things, hmm....not sure actually. I don't splurge on much. My horses were my splurge and that will come again. OW to the wallet..HA HA
Farmer Chick,
I can relate to that. Love them horses.
I guess mine would be internet.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
coopy
internet horse? no pasture at your home?

I was never allowed to have a horse growing up....parents were not into animals, lived in a NJ neighborhood. Had riding lessons, but not the same :( lol--But when I hit about 21 after college, saved money I got my first horse. WOW and never looked back. Life is full of horses..LOL I just can't get enough of them! Can't wait for my new ones, so far away, but it will come! :)

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Internet, and the occasional microbrew or a bottle of wine (not quite "good wine", I'm too cheap for that, more like "mediocre wine")

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
WOW! I feel like the high roller here. Every Fri night we go to a little out of the way chinese place where they have a seafood buffet. She has her crab legs, which I find to be WAY too much like work, and I get my baked salmon which she finds WAY to "fishy" smelling. $10 each.
That right there is a BARGAIN.

hoosier girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My big splurge was a VitaMix blender. I am not a frivolous person, so it took me several years to finaly give in to my wants and spend the money on it. I've had it since early spring, use the heck out of it, and absolutely love it.
We spend our lives working hard to be able to live and enjoy life the way we want and make this world a better place...I believe we have all earned and own the right to a 'splurge' be it large or small.