What's your luxury purchase?

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My biggest Luxury purchase in my braces. Which since it has helped get rid of my TMJ was also a need. The other thing is we eat out on most Thursday nights with a group that has been getting together for the past 13 years.

My DH on the other hand has bought several guns lately. He said we did not hae a good shotgun and needed one. We have hand guns. I guess I just don't get it.

On black Friday we bought a meat grinder at Northern Tools. It was on sale for 99.00 and then 10% off. We needed to grind a deer he had shot so now we will do our own processing instead of taking to the processor.

Susan

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what, and risk carpal tunnel or something from over use of my wrist and arm...LOL-LOL---nah, lets go electric toothbrush. :th

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
our latest splurge was a new digital camera...got a 8mp 12x zoom Kodak from Walmart's black friday sale. That was fun...note the sarcasm in my voice...
We just bought a SUV...had to have something with towing capacity but paid off our other car first and got a lower car payment on the new one to boot!
We live in the boonies but do get DSL...so internet.

I try not to spoil my kids and buy them lots of "stuff" but my hubby is the exact opposite. I am trying to live with less but it's hard when you have a partner that thinks that is silly. He's okay with some things but is a stickler when it comes to others.

I sometimes wish that I could've lived 100 years ago on a farm with no electricity. I hear stories from my grandmother and life was hard but in some ways much happier than life today. Not as much pressure, you know?

Lori

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
lorihadams- I think most people tend to remember the happy times and try to forget the bad - no way I would want to live a hundred years ago- housework was full time drudgery and I know that I would have been the drudge not the princess. :idunno