Who is going to attend a TEA Party over July 4 weekend?

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OK an Independance day! We don't have one were still not very independant!

Reaction score
So how were the Tea parties? I didn't see anything on the regular news stations. We had a nice day, but fireworks got canceled because of rain. The ribs were very tasty though and DW made some delicious pasta salad. Only thing missing was the baseball, hot dogs and apple pie.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The TEA Party I attended went off well. There were about 130 people that attended the one in St Albans Bay. I felt that this was a good turn out for a rural area like ours. I have not heard yet what the counts were for the other 5 TEA Parties in Vermont.

There were speakers from our area who came and spoke about taxes and the waste in our governments spending (local and federal), the lack of attention being paid by our representatives to what their constituants a saying, Cap and Trade and how Vermont can help the country be more energy independent without this onerous tax scam. The geologist that spoke on this issue was very informative. I was not aware that much of Vermont sits on masses of natural gas and oil shale. I did, however know that my property once had royalties paid for expoloration rights to an oil company (before I owned it). They can plunk a well in my back yard if it means energy indpendence for our country.

There was also discussion of voteing in 2010 and that we need to vote out those who are not listening to our requests regarding legislation that will hurt us.

It was a meeting of similarly minded people who are tired of the lack of common sense in our government and want to change it!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that there is an RNC pull back. The republicans are just as much to blame as the democrats in this mess. The republican leadership doesn't GET IT.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
The geologist that spoke on this issue was very informative. I was not aware that much of Vermont sits on masses of natural gas and oil shale. I did, however know that my property once had royalties paid for expoloration rights to an oil company (before I owned it). They can plunk a well in my back yard if it means energy indpendence for our country.
http://www.energyindustryphotos.com/shale_gas_map_shale_basins.htm
The massive Marcellus shale formation extends into and past my area in Ohio. This shows a map of what your geologist was referring to. This has been in the news for awhile. Your shale is my shale, so to speak.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
sylvie said:
VT-Chicklit said:
The geologist that spoke on this issue was very informative. I was not aware that much of Vermont sits on masses of natural gas and oil shale. I did, however know that my property once had royalties paid for expoloration rights to an oil company (before I owned it). They can plunk a well in my back yard if it means energy indpendence for our country.
http://www.energyindustryphotos.com/shale_gas_map_shale_basins.htm
The massive Marcellus shale formation extends into and past my area in Ohio. This shows a map of what your geologist was referring to. This has been in the news for awhile. Your shale is my shale, so to speak.
NO - NO! It is MY shale! :gig

Reaction score
What they really need is rallies for decent health reform. I'm sure they could figure out a way to give everyone health coverage without massive spending. That's where Congress isn't listening.

As for oil shale, it takes more than a well to get oil out of shale. They have to drill holes and pump millions of gallons of water in to force the oil out. Uses a lot of one of our other precious resources called water. We have a lot of oil shale in Colorado that the oil companies want to do that to. Ruin the environment so we can keep driving our gas hogs instead of downsizing and conserving.