Who reads what we write?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Okay how can they track you? Sorry Im more of a chicken person than a cell person
Some cameras have built in gps units, and they can embed the gps coordinates into the photo taken. That way the photo contains a record of where it was taken. Not all phones do this, and I believe that most phones with this capability, can have the feature turned off by the owner.

If anyone is worried about their phone being tracked, don't worry about putting your phone in a Faraday cage, just remove the battery. Yes a Faraday cage will work, but if the whole idea is to make it "invisible", then removing the battery will accomplish the same thing without the BS. For a temporary Faraday cage though, just stick the phone in the microwave (but remember to remove it before cooking). :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
BarredBuff said:
Okay how can they track you? Sorry Im more of a chicken person than a cell person
Some cameras have built in gps units, and they can embed the gps coordinates into the photo taken. That way the photo contains a record of where it was taken. Not all phones do this, and I believe that most phones with this capability, can have the feature turned off by the owner.

If anyone is worried about their phone being tracked, don't worry about putting your phone in a Faraday cage, just remove the battery. Yes a Faraday cage will work, but if the whole idea is to make it "invisible", then removing the battery will accomplish the same thing without the BS. For a temporary Faraday cage though, just stick the phone in the microwave (but remember to remove it before cooking). :D
Thanks for explaining that!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
So all my friends who send some message from their fancy phones to Facebook saying, "Joe was at Fred's Pizza" via iPhone are buying right into this tracking system, right?
I'm another pay as you go use the phone for emergencies and not much else kind of person.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
I'm another pay as you go use the phone for emergencies and not much else kind of person.
Ya, me too, but DH isn't. When we moved out here, he insisted that I have a cell phone. He tells everyone that he's had to drag me (screaming and kicking up dust) into the 21st century. I have a suspicion that he might be right... :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
When I did find another SS person on this forum in my area, I was delighted, I'd like to network with other SS people, but through the PM system you can evaluate whom you give more personal information to. I bought my Cremes from an underage but experienced rabbit person in my state that I met via Backyard herds. We network now and it has been GREAT having new local contacts made this way. So used correctly, the internet can also be a GOOD way to meet people and not just something to be frightened of. It is a matter of using good sense.
You know my two very best friends up here in the pacific northwest are DrakeMaiden and HiDelight...I met them on this forum and TEG. We have been friends for 3 years now. :)

Our first time to meet up was at Seattle Tilth.

Oh and WZ, I love your fat white butt! -> (_l_) ;)

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I still like my rotory phone and dial up. I'm doing fine. :) I think some people or group are more interested in the dark spots in the matrix than the lights. :)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
I still like my rotory phone and dial up. I'm doing fine. :) I think some people or group are more interested in the dark spots in the matrix than the lights. :)
I prefer a rotory phone but cant stand dial up......................

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I talk WAY too much on here. I also look up recipes and info from posts multiple times. I do try to be somewhat careful about what I say, but I probably still say too much.

I have a son who is a genius GEEK. He protects me from internet meanies as best he can, but I am like a crazy squirrel in the middle of the highway and I am a bit hard to protect. (He is frustrated constantly by this fact. :/ ) He has tried his best to educate me. He has shown me how they do what they do to ID people and rob them with technology these days. His end result was poor. Instead of living in fear I have accepted the cold painful facts, rather like I have grown up with the certain knowledge that a full scale nuclear war could happen at any moment and life would be wiped off the planet. It could happen. It would suck. Keep on living till it all goes boom.

People bolt their doors and lock their windows, all the while living in a house that a grandma could break into by kicking through a wall. I refuse to live scared. It is scary enough to just live. When the zombies do come (and I did say when) the thing that will irritate me the most is that they will probably trample down my garden, not recognizing it as food, to steal some useless thing like my TV.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
the lady who named her dogs Bandit, Raider, Bindi Jo, Anika and Deirdre, well, they are gonna catch me.
We had a dog once named Deirdre (Deirdre the Beautiful - she was an English Bulldog). It might confuse those looking for you, Savingdogs, if they have to look in California/Oregon as well :lol:

Latest posts