wide scale preparations scenario

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I happen to own printing equipment.
I have 3 Okidata 5200 color lasers, a shirt press, a hat press, and a mug press, they are all yours for only a fifth of their retail price for $1000 and a hogshead of mead, you pick-up and leave the honey at the back door.

peachykeen

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Okay- We live on a lake and even in the summer the water is still pretty cold.

I was thinking if we have no electricity we could take all of our meat and fridge stuff and put it in a cooler or even just a garbage bag and lower it with a rope into water. I wonder how cold that would keep the meat??

Keeping things cold is what really worries me, I really want to invest in a solar panel powered freezer. I think that would be one of the most imnportant things to have. We have two wood stoves outside that coudl easily be used for warmth and food, so thats less of a problem. We can fish or hunt if we need to. We are far enough from the major cities (an hour) that I dont think we would have trouble with looting and violence for awhile. People would likely band together in this town.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I have just over 6000 rounds of .223 and two guns in that caliber.
4 12 gauge shotguns + many cases of ammo
2 20 gauge shotguns + a lot of ammo
WAY to many handguns/ammo to list here.

A VERY well stocked pantry and 12, 20lb propane tanks, not counting the 500 gallon one for cooking on.

I am reasonably certain we will make it for a few months. :D :D
You invited to come stay here with us, check the list, bring all your wrenches we'll need a skilled wrench turner. We could build some awesome tank like vehicles, even some breaching tanks.... I know nadda about wrenches, but I can fab and weld like nobodys business.

I can see it now!!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have 3 Okidata 5200 color lasers, a shirt press, a hat press, and a mug press, they are all yours for only a fifth of their retail price for $1000 and a hogshead of mead, you pick-up and leave the honey at the back door.
I have been looking for a decently priced heat price for a long time. The Okidatas, however, I have my own 2 ton paperweight already :gig Not a bad machine but the consumables will KILL ya!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
SKR8PN said:
I have just over 6000 rounds of .223 and two guns in that caliber.
4 12 gauge shotguns + many cases of ammo
2 20 gauge shotguns + a lot of ammo
WAY to many handguns/ammo to list here.

A VERY well stocked pantry and 12, 20lb propane tanks, not counting the 500 gallon one for cooking on.

I am reasonably certain we will make it for a few months. :D :D
You invited to come stay here with us, check the list, bring all your wrenches we'll need a skilled wrench turner. We could build some awesome tank like vehicles, even some breaching tanks.... I know nadda about wrenches, but I can fab and weld like nobodys business.

I can see it now!!!!
Between the Mead, the welder and the guns, me thinks we would get into some SERIOUS trouble! :gig :gig

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
@ old fashioned
That is my definition of a drug dealer as well. BUT don't they all target kids?

@xpc
again.. I know the other side of the paddle have a bit other attitude, BUT around here in PL, there are basically 2 groups of people:
- people who are church devoted, going to church every Sunday, thinking that Weed is a creation of Satan. So on the pure mention of it, they start chanting spells so that God can immediately strike you with lightning and send you to burn in hell for eternity...
- then there are those people who smoke Weed and are in many cases addicted to it... even though the claim they are not. They don't give a hoot if it is medicinal or not.

That is why, I didn't know how .. controversial it may be around this forum ;)

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Here is a start, minus the rocket/plane engine.

345645634634.jpg

I will build a higher third seat position and we will place some armor/glass protection. I will make like the turrets in WWII planes so that the gunner can move 360 around and 180 up and down. We will need a big engine and a well built tranny to get us around. I will be adding anti-man spikes to the back as well as some fold out ones for the front along with a breaching plate and loops to attach breaching chains to. I figure one driver and two gunners. Can we hook up a NOS system as well?

It would be nice to have a couple of these made, we can use some bobcats and strip them down and re-build the bodies to fit our needs. I will be making some off road trailers as well to be able to haul stuff through the woods.

1584png.jpg

I have reloading stuff for everything I own, I also have reloading stuff for shot guns. So bring your reloading stuff too.

Remember those close quarter cannons on spanish ships? Yup, we need to add one to the car too!!!

How about this?
ripsaw-track-vehicle-picatinny-arse.jpg

So when TSHTF You load your stuff up
OL-Higgins.jpg

Load your wifes stuff up too
OL-Minivan.jpg

And come on over to my place.

If all else fails, we'll steal this guys donkey because he put the cart before and doesn't deserve to own one.
OL-Donkey-Cart.jpg

Last and finally, don't tell anybody we don't need extra mouths to feed. Last time I mention a white sale to some neighbors, look what happened!!
OL-Desert.jpg

If you need my help to get here, just give a shout I'll come help you.....

ModernPioneer.jpg