Wifezilla's Rampage - Weekend Update w/ pics

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have been having trouble selling ducks so I tried a new tactic. I offered to swap ducks for garden extras. I have 4 ducks going to 2 new homes tonight and I am getting tomatoes, apples, and patty pan squash in return :D

Both are BYC members. One I have done business with before! The really cool part is that the guy who is taking Twister and Domino already has some special needs critters (he has a lap chicken and a 1 legged rooster :D ). The other BYC member also knows him and he comes highly recommended as a good home for birds.

:woot

I am so glad I found a home for Twister where she wont get picked on by a flock of ornery snobs like the ducks I apparently have. I still have 2 more to rehome to get the flock down to a manageable winter size. The rest better start laying again soon OR ELSE!!! (Waves soup pot at lazy slackers!!)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
again, wish I was close enough to swap!

or that we could organize a duck transport :p :lol:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That's right, ducks. Butchering was FUN so you better make yourselves useful! Muahaha!

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I dropped off the ducks with Chandra and in return I got a box of gala apples from a local orchard, tomatoes and patty pans out of Chandra's garden, and spaghetti squash from Allen. :woot

Then today I got this email...

"The ducks are beautiful!

I held the special one after she got home and she calmed down.

They are in a large cage with hay in it for the night.

In future, they will sleep in the hen house, but I did not want to stress her out anymore!

I will post pictures of them as soon as I can.

Thank you so much, they will have a wonderful forever home here! :)

Allen"

Awwww!!! :love

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

I still wish I was close enough to barter with you for the last two girls!!!

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Me too! Quick! Someone invent a transporter!
loltrek.jpg

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Sure :D

If my slackers ever start laying again :p

I want to see a picture of his gimpy spoiled rooster too !

Wifezilla

Reaction score
In case anyone wants to know why government programs cost so much money....

It has taken us A YEAR to get Max in to a new day program. An. Entire. Year. During that time we have had meeting after meeting (over a dozen), filled out mountains of paperwork...most saying the same thing over and over... and have generally been frustrated as all get out. But now, FINALLY, Max starts TOMORROW!!!

:weee

Now don't get me wrong. I love my son. But he has been in my face, destroying the house, screaming at his video games, eating all the damn food, chewing my canning bands, trashing the bathrooms.... :barnie

When he was in school, that break gave us time to pick up, enjoy a little clean time, unwind, relax, and get ready to take care of him all over again. Him being in adult daycare 2 days a week is NOT enough time to recoup! Especially with work being so busy. I need time in the house ALONE to clean and cook...

Which brings me to my next point. I have a batch of mostly finished plum sauce I need to complete. I keep grilling peppers and Max keeps stealing them. I will try again today to get it done. I also have 3 more cabbages to cut up and either make cole slaw or cook down in butter and freeze. Then there is the monster squash I cooked down the other day. That is also in the fridge waiting for bagging and freezing. I almost forgot about it and left it in the roaster overnight. Sheesh.

Anyone want a absent-minded professor type husband to talk to for a couple of days? And an autistic 22 year old to bring a touch of sureality to your life? 48 hours alone would do my house and cupboards good...

Latest posts