Winter already?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like those type heaters. Don't have Propane here, all electric.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pretty funny actually... Avey the storm has moved off to the north east but it's snowy tail is wrapped around southern Illinois with Creal Springs right in the center of it's tail. This is the absolute strangest weather radar I've ever seen. I'm so lucky to have this much "fun" :lol: you all bring your sleds and I'll find us a big hill to slide down.
View attachment 8929

CC, your weather station seems to have eliminated the most beautiful state there in the middle of the green, pink, yellow and blue. Last I checked WV was still in existence, but apparently we are~ just as I expected~ OFF the map and under the radar. :D

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CC, your weather station seems to have eliminated the most beautiful state there in the middle of the green, pink, yellow and blue. Last I checked WV was still in existence, but apparently we are~ just as I expected~ OFF the map and under the radar. :D

How much fun did Avey give you?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like those type heaters. Don't have Propane here, all electric.

Remember I used to be CrealBilly.I have ours hooked up to a gas grill cylinder, secured in a old milk create. With a long rubber hose and a regulator. You really need some backup heat source that doesn't use electricty just in case the power goes out during a storm or something... Our propane furnace won't run without electricity. So if worst came to worst, my wife and I could hunker down on the porch and stay warm until the electric came back on. My wife insists that I maintain two full bottles at all times during the winter.
IMG_20181115_211954155.jpg
p

IMG_20181115_214432692.jpg

You have to admit this is BILLY but it's easy and works very well :) happy wife, happy life!

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
How much fun did Avey give you?

Lots and lots and lots of rain only. Chilly but still in the low 40s today, 30s tonight.

I was drooling over your pretty snow! We have had snow already but not what I call a true snow yet~just flurries, sleet, ice balls, etc.....I always await the first real snow with great anticipation.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Remember I used to be CrealBilly.I have ours hooked up to a gas grill cylinder, secured in a old milk create. With a long rubber hose and a regulator. You really need some backup heat source that doesn't use electricty just in case the power goes out during a storm or something... Our propane furnace won't run without electricity. So if worst came to worst, my wife and I could hunker down on the porch and stay warm until the electric came back on. My wife insists that I maintain two full bottles at all times during the winter.
View attachment 8933p

View attachment 8934
You have to admit this is BILLY but it's easy and works very well :) happy wife, happy life!
That's a great idea! Back up heat is essential in winter. Thankfully my heating comes from the woodburner, so I'm o.k. no matter what. As long as I have enough fuel to stock it with. Talking of which, I got given some turf to burn. This is hard to come by unless you bought a timeshare on a bit of the bog, or know someone that does.

IMG_20181115_151115.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are back to spring this morning, calm winds, 46 degrees and sunny, this is more like it...

Snow is melting fast Walking around in a wife beater and my wife said aren't you cold? Heck no, this is beatuful weather.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a great idea! Back up heat is essential in winter. Thankfully my heating comes from the woodburner, so I'm o.k. no matter what. As long as I have enough fuel to stock it with. Talking of which, I got given some turf to burn. This is hard to come by unless you bought a timeshare on a bit of the bog, or know someone that does.

View attachment 8936

You got the best heat there is. We have a wood/coal stove also but I ain't hooked it up yet. The house really doesn't have any room for it.