Winter already?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it's supposed to be right at 30 here in AM. NOT liking it. I'm thinking my earlier concerns for a "bad" winter are going to be a reality. Hay dealer says upstate NY many got only ONE cutting, not usual 3. SCARCE. Great, needed that to happen. Certain we will have a big snow this year.....been 8 yrs, we are "due". My minis have a real heavy coat, the goats are looking abnormally haired. We are generally in the low-mid 50 days this time of year, now just trying for low 40s.

Telling you, it's looking bad.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We're also holding our breath here for this winter. There was talks of heavy snow already, though it's amazingly mild for this time of the year now, we had two rather cold snaps already, to remind us it's winter. The storms have been warming us up so far though, but a cold storm like the Beast from earlier this year is possible.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got 2 cuttings as usual this year. Don't know why NY would have gotten fewer, odd. Goats have the normal amount of fluff! We shall see, I'd prefer lots of snow to super cold though.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're supposed to get up to 8 inches tomorrow through Saturday.... of RAIN! UGH... Hoping we will be on the low end of it - but not convinced. :(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
4-6 inches for us. Supposed to start this afternoon/evening and go through the weekend. We are both sick with the crud. Glad i'm feeling like crap and it is not sunny and beautiful outside.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've already got sprinkles...

@baymule
So sorry you feel bad. Yes - better to be sick when the weather sucks than when it is pretty out!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've already got sprinkles...

@baymule
So sorry you feel bad. Yes - better to be sick when the weather sucks than when it is pretty out!
Maybe this will be my one sickness for the winter. I'm generally strapping healthy, but I usually get the crud once or twice a year. I've been to the clinic one time since we've been here, I needed antibiotics. I am not having any fun!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you can kick it quickly. Vicks on the chest and a heating pad works for me...but you might need antibiotics. Sometimes we gotta give in and get 'em...much better than being sick for any longer than necessary!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe this will be my one sickness for the winter. I'm generally strapping healthy, but I usually get the crud once or twice a year. I've been to the clinic one time since we've been here, I needed antibiotics. I am not having any fun!

Yuck - I don't like being sick at all... I hope you get better real soon.

Latest posts