Winter already?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I MIGHT have snow over weekend. :( They say...no matter how much I complain. It's easier to carry how water jugs without the snow. I mean, surely I will those chores>

Agree -- one more day and it's one day closer to Spring! But it could be a bad next 60 days.:D

You CARRY water jugs when there's snow on the ground? I use a wheel barrow (2 wheeled, center balanced) until the snow comes. After that, I pull a kid's plastic toboggan for the duration, until snow is completely gone.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use 3 gallon buckets, but same mostly. Too far to run pipes and put in frost free faucet. Especially since will will probably move the pens eventually.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Horray it's cold enough that water is freezing :) Now we just need some snow :fl

I think I'm going to spread lime, till and hill up rows tomorrow in the garden.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use 3 gallon buckets, but same mostly. Too far to run pipes and put in frost free faucet. Especially since will will probably move the pens eventually.

I carry two 5 gallon buckets from around back of the house to the coops. Two is easier than one because I can walk ballanced with one in each hand. Excpecially helpful when there mud or ice and snow on the ground.

During the warm weather though I hook up two 100' hoses and watering is a lot easier.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Horray it's cold enough that water is freezing :) Now we just need some snow :fl

I think I'm going to spread lime, till and hill up rows tomorrow in the garden.

That's how I feel too! Bring on the snow and single digit weather....if we don't get some sustained cold this year our apple trees won't bloom. Also, we need the killing of the pest bugs that a sustained cold can give us.