Winter already?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hun need I remind you it's only the beginning of January still lots of winter left (even though it doesn't feel like it) it hit almost 60 today here in southern IL but it's really wet lots of rain

True, that. BUT, SPRING IS ON THE WAY. The days are getting longer. And every day that slips by without a major snow storm, ice storm or super deep freeze is one day of winter that doesn't count (IMO). So, spring IS on the way! Rained all night, and through the morning. Now, it's 35*, and switching back and forth between heavy rain and baseball sized snow flakes. Good day to putz around in the yard, and scoop dog poop! Days like this, I'll end up going through 3 jackets and changing my pants at least 3 times b/c everything gets wet.

I gave the flock 3 bags of leaves in their coop, and 3 bags of leaves in their sunroom yesterday. They are happy.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's a foggy, wet day here, but still mild, 43 low and 46 high. It feels cold after the warm days we had!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Probably 10" of snow here today before it compacted down . Heavy, wet, gross snow. Poor delivery guy is walking up my super long driveway right now, lol. It's plowed dude, but go for it if it makes you happy!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I MIGHT have snow over weekend. :( They say...no matter how much I complain. It's easier to carry how water jugs without the snow. I mean, surely I will those chores>

Agree -- one more day and it's one day closer to Spring! But it could be a bad next 60 days.:D

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally some cool weather setting in. I noticed the wild brids were very busy looking for food this morning while I was looking out from my fishbowl, I call a home office. So I took it a weather is change is on the way. Yep the weather guessers agree with the wild birds. Now I might feel like I shouldn't be sowing seeds in the garden :)

Still not cold for southern IL, but it's definitely more seasonal - it is winter after all.
Screenshot_2019-01-09-15-48-43.png

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did she name him Stanley? When my grandson was in K, he mailed a Flat Stanley to my parents in Florida. He had lots of adventures with him, then they mailed him back. If you're not familiar with Flat Stanley, do a search for the book. Kids love it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know about it but we haven't done it. Stanley is our boar's name though lol