Wolf-Kim: My head is spinning!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome, Kim! Sounds like you have a great start! Pics are really a neato thing......like pics, ya know? We really, really lika da pics..... :D

Love to watch the rabbits with mouthfuls of nesting material.....such a motherly thing to watch! Thanks for the pics!

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So doe #1 had her litter Tuesday and had 4 kits, and then last night doe #2 kindled and had 7 bouncing baby bunnies!! :D

ETA: I can take a hint! LOL Pics of the babies in a week or so, tried not to expose them too much.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
These are your white Californians right? I forget have they had kits before? Just trying to catch up. Congrats and good luck!!!

gina

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hi Kim--you sound like a younger version of me :) I have chickens, ducks, quail, and bunnies too. soon to add goats, and a pig IS in our future. I have been gardening for over 10 years, and successfully until I moved here two years ago. Both years my garden here was a flop. :/ It's the clay I swear!. no worms--the manure gets used up too quickly.

I just ahd baby bunns on the 26th--9 born--(one died) some more due on the 18th ish ( I'd have to look to check the date).

:welcome

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.:love

These are just some mutts. The breeder said they were mostly CA/NZ mixes with just a tad of lop in there somewhere. So they are pretty much meat rabbits with the occasional floppy ear. LOL

Don't tell hubby, but I plan to eventually swap over to pure bred breeding stock, so I have the option to show and that we are raising F1's for the freezer.

-Kim

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, it started a few months ago when Grandpa tested positive for Celiac's disease. My husbands mother, aunt, and I were out shopping yesterday and come to find out that both his aunt and his grandmother have tested positive for Celiac's as well. One of the physical signs, so we've heard from the grandparents, is early graying. Thought it was just genetic but Adam has several gray hairs and he's only 20.

So I believe I am going to push for a gluten free(or as free as possible) diet. Not as bad as it sounds because as more and more people are diagnosed with Celiac's the industry is changing to accomodate. Today for lunch(we ate at the grandparent's) we had gluten free lasagna, chicken n' rice, chocolate cake, and millionaire's pie.

I've come to realize more and more, that I hate storebought foods. The innumerable carcinagens that line the shelf, the manufactured "stuffing" they sell as food, what happened to "you are what you eat"? I mean it is still applied, but people have wandered so far from it. Teflon? Plastic? Trans-fats? Aspartame? Splenda? Equal? Pasteurized milk? Even the preservatives they put IN the food is linked to mental illness like depression. It's all so bad, no wonder we have such bad health problems from obesity to cancer to depression and anxiety. I was talking with Adam's aunt over dinner and said it is scary just how naive most of the population is to this and when she asked what I meant, I think I scared her! LOL Good! It's scary, it scares me all the time! I earnestly look forward to our future farm, most of what we consume will be harvested ourselves or bought from other local farms. ........ Ooops, let a rant slip out.. sorry about that! LOL