Would the FDA close down your kitchen?

Reaction score
I had a friend that worked at a restaurant in the kitchen. It was just a little diner type place. He said they always had a pot of soup going and they used to scrape uneaten leftover veggies off of customer plates in to it to keep it topped off. He said it was a pretty common practice. He had worked at 3 restaurants. He had stinky feet too.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yep DM - i found a loooooooong time ago having a total 'girl' meltdown does not work with him. so pretty much i walk in and say:

me: baby! (smiling) what are you doin with my darn scrubbie!?!?!? !(exaggerated mock horror covers real horror)

he: (smiling and truly shocked that i dont think this is his best idea) cleanin' my boots

me: with my DISH SCRUBBIE (trying to control shill tone)

he: well yeah it was here. see how good it works? (proudly shows me cleaned boots - hey it DID work pretty good)

me: mister you had better throw that away when you are done AND you have to take me to the dollar store to get more scrubbies!!

he: (silently calculating how to best implement strategic evasive maneuvers...) only if we get ice cream when we are in town

me: (clearly distracted by ice cream) YES! lets go

everyone is happy.
:)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:lol:

I like it!

The only thing I have a hard time with is why a man will still do something like that even though they KNOW (if you ask them, they will admit it) that you aren't going to like it. It is almost like they think they can do it when you aren't around and get away with it? Like a little kid would. OK, maybe I'm overanalyzing his ability to understand the consequences of his actions. :hide

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i think they are hoping their stunning success will change your mind
;-)

to get a full overview of how men work all you have to do is sit down and watch "The Red Green Show" -- i'd never seen it before but it really filled in the blanks for me. it is/was on PBS - it was a canadian show. hilarious.

Big Daddy can i get an amen?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Let's see...
butter licking cats....check
food left out to ferment on purpose....check
food left out accidentally but still looked and smelled good so we ate it anyway...check
no hair nets....check
duck bowls cleaned in the same sink people bowls are washed in....check
quail in a cage in the pass through....check
big wooden cutting board...check
plain dish soap and no sanitizer...check
raw eggs used in smoothies...check

And we don't get food poisoning while my cleanliness nazi friends are always having tummy trouble. Hummmm...coincidence? LOL
:gig I have almost all those checked, cept no quail here.. and we use raw eggs in milk shakes! and I clean the dogs bowl in the sink (she also pre-washes some dishes) :thumbsup

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I think I have seen little snipets. I will have to sit down and watch it. Thanks. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
thanks WZ - a classic for sure!

DM - when watching with your man and they get to the point in the show where he says:

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

turn to your man and say: oh i'm so lucky! you're handsome AND handy!

guaranteed the garbage will be taken out the next day
;-)