Would the FDA close down your kitchen?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone see that show---Health Inspectors

WOW....they are tough. Understandably of course.

It was following 2 inspectors on their visits to restaurants and all the violations and all the fixes had to be done within a weeks time, etc.

One restaurant put their soups into plastic containers, that were chemical cleaning agent white buckets. Health inspector said NO WAY!! big violation and the lady said, but I washed them over and over..HAHA..ugh, can we say chemical leech into the food.

but I had to stop watching, I just can't see that stuff and expect to ever eat out again. :p

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
One restaurant put their soups into plastic containers, that were chemical cleaning agent white buckets. Health inspector said NO WAY!! big violation and the lady said, but I washed them over and over..HAHA..ugh, can we say chemical leech into the food.
:sick

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am now like most of you. Once upon a time it was different. But, husband and boys changed my life forever.

The kitchen sink is the closest one to the door. So any outside dirty work that was done (no matter how greasy or dirty) requires a "lets stop at the kitchen sink and wash our hands even though we are on our way to the bathroom". :barnie
That drives me crazy. But to be honest not because it is unsanitary. I just hate having to clean black car/tractor/4 wheeler grease out of the sink, off the counter and having my nice white kitchen towel that I probably just put out, ruined.

Of course there is also the dog, and unwashed eggs. The boys have no problem sitting around the bar with their feet propped up on top of it. Untold surgeries on chickens, kids, etc.

Yep, I would be closed. But then again. The FDA has not been invited to my house so I don't worry. They would probably just stop at the end of my driveway, take a look around and slap up a
"Closed for multiple violations" sign.

But to be honest. Can you imagine what the resturant business would be like if there were no rules. Its bad enough with the rules.

One thing I love about the area I am in now is that all resturants that have failed their inspection are made public and a local TV Station makes sure that everyone knows which ones failed. The passing on re-inspection are also made public. It is a great incentive for the local resturants to stay on top of everything.
I am sure that it is available at any State Gov. website but I would have never thought to look. I am glad the station makes it very public.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that is great the station does that.

One day I caught Tony rinsing off his boots in the kitchen sink...after hitting the hog barn.....good gravy I almost collapsed and died on the spot. well, that ain't ever happening again I know for a fact..HAHA

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
that is great the station does that.

One day I caught Tony rinsing off his boots in the kitchen sink...after hitting the hog barn.....good gravy I almost collapsed and died on the spot. well, that ain't ever happening again I know for a fact..HAHA
not two days ago i came in to see The Big Man cleaning something with my dish scrubbie... i thought, wow look at him helping me out.

he was using it to scrub down his barn boots.

surprised y'all didnt hear me screaming...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

yea my scrubbie sponge things don't stay around long.....who knows what The Man does to them....LOL

I hate when he takes my "kitchen scrubbie" and washes eggs with it....oh man.....then I get the egg and house scrubbies confused and heck I gotta throw them all out and start wtih a new package.

I buy red ones for the eggs...does anyone use red ones but me for the eggs..heck no...:/

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
it was the classic 'what were you thinking' moment.. i mean for heaven's sakes.

he redeemed himself tho. today he came and asked for an appropriate sponge for cleaning the bathroom. whew!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW yes that is a great recovery

cleaning the bathroom....now that is a help. Good man there!! oh my I hate cleaning bathrooms to the max.

Tony "swishled" the toilet bowl last week for me, big help huh? that was all he did...and he wanted to be thanked tons for that huge amt. of work.
oh well....I praised him, maybe it will go a bit farther on the next cleaning.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm telling ya - i got a keeper for sure. he's helpful and handy, generally good natured, and can fix things....and reach everything on the top shelves.

i ooohh and aaaaahh a lot so he keeps helping.

and i dont nag. if i could teach all young women something i'd tell them not to nag their man. i wish someone would have told me that ohhhhh about 20 years ago. woulda saved me a lot of grief. i guess better late than never?

;-)

here is a funny use for a kitchen - cat dancing. we had the xmas music on earlier today and we were singing holly jolly xmas while dancing with cats. it was hilarious and clearly an FDA violation

;-)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Ohiofarmgirl -- I wondered what that noise was . . . I thought one of my ducks was quacking. ;)

OK, so what do you do when you walk in and find your man washing his boots in the kitchen sink? Is that not the worst thing imaginable? I would absolutely freak out! But I guess that is one of those things that pushes my buttons, so to speak. :barnie Do you just calmly stand there and ask him what he is thinking? :hu