WOULD YOU RATHER...(forum game)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
EEeeeeekkkkkk. We need an emoticon that is running away in terror.

I'd go to the bank before I'd ask family. I borrowed $50 from my mother over 30 years ago for groceries. Paid her back two weeks later. She still brings it up occasionally at the most inappropriate times (like when a relative from overseas is visiting, etc) I'd go to a loan shark if I had to now. Heck, after hanging out with you fine folks all these months, I could either graze or snag the slowest hen.

Off the grid, but having to haul water by bucket into the house, or paying the bills for convenience?

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'd like to answer a few of these, so here goes:

get help from inlaws or go to the bank (if financial money is needed)? Bank, definitely. I know my MIL would loan us money, but I'd feel bad if she really needed it before we could give it back.

Neighbors close by or way out in the sticks? Wayyyyy out in the sticks. I want a house that can't be seen from the road and where You can't see any of your neighbors.

Would you rather have a greenhouse or a hoophouse? Greenhouse because it's more permanent.

would ya rather eat fish or game meat? I love fish, but but I'd pick game meat.

would you rather have a pond at your lasnd or a running creek thru your land? Pond for sure. A nice big one.

Would you rather be rich or poor? Rich for sure, but you'd never know it by the way I'd live. I'd still have a small house and drive my old "88 Grand Wagoneer, I'd just have a few hundred acres and few worries.

Would you rather have cats or dogs? I like both and they both have their uses, but I'd have to choose dogs. There is nothing like having 180 lbs of K-9 step between you and a stranger that's 10 feet away and say "OK Buddy, that's close enough". A cat just wouldn't have the same affect on that guy. BTW, at 180 lbs he didn't even have to growl and he knew it. He just looked at the guy and the guy knew. :lol: I miss my boy.

Would you rather give up chocolate or coffee/tea? This is the hardest question ever. It almost borders on mean just to make someone think about it!!! :lol: I'd give up chocolate. Someone might die if I had to give up coffee forever.

Ok, this is getting kinda long. I'm gonna post my question now and maybe I'll answer some more of these later. I like this game. It's a lot of fun.

Miniature cow/goat or full sized?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dreaming of Chickens said:
Someone might die if I had to give up coffee forever.
:yuckyuck

I'm having entirely too much fun with this! I'm making bread, bone broth, doing dishes, anything I can do in the house so I can keep running back here to see if someone has posted something. :lol:

I'd have to go with a mini..either cow or goat. I'm not as young as I used to be, and I might have better luck dealing with something smaller.

Now I can't think of another question.

Oh, back to my last one: Off the grid, but having to haul water by bucket into the house, or paying the bills for convenience?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dreaming of Chickens said:
Marianne said:
EEeeeeekkkkkk. We need an emoticon that is running away in terror..................

Heck, after hanging out with you fine folks all these months, I could either graze or snag the slowest hen.
:lol: :gig
:lol:

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, back to my last one: Off the grid, but having to haul water by bucket into the house, or paying the bills for convenience?
Off the grid, but having to haul water by bucket into the house....definately! Especially since I haul water pretty much everyday and we have the bill for city water!!! :barnie

We have a small leak somewhere in the indoor water line and can't get to it (can't figure out how to remove the toilet) so I just walk to the back of the camper and fill jugs from the hydrant.

Start your own veggie/herb plants from seed or buy them from the store?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
How about buy the seeds from the store to start your own? When I have time, I'll have to answer a bunch of these questions. :cool:

Wood stove or fireplace?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good gravy for me, pay the darn bill. No way hauling water into the home. :)

save seeds from year before where I can---done that loads, if new variety etc. gotta buy them or swap

wood stove or fireplace? NONE

hate smell of wood smoke...propane fireplace :p :p

S

sunsaver

Wood stove. I love my wood stove. Heats the house better than a fireplace, and its much easier to cook on.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
But sunsaver, where's your question?

How about woodstove fireplace insert, like I'm sitting in front of right now. We NEVER have a wood smoke smell in our house and heat exclusively with woodstove in the basement and fireplace insert on the main floor. Ahh, winter bliss. :)

Here's a question:

Four mini, 2- to 3-day vacations in a year to places within 6 hours, or
One larger, cross-country 1- to 2-week trip?