you dont see this much in 2009

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well im pink/peach so im a person of color right
FarmerChick said:
It isn't about colored people....it isn't a colored teachers award.
very much out of context

Teacher of Color Award is very prestigious and here are the stats:

Who is Eligible?

To be eligible for this award, college or university students must be Language Arts Majors, first-time presenters at the GCTE Conference, persons of color and (1) student teaching interns (or have recently completed student teaching) or (2) graduate students enrolled in English or English Education programs.

geez it truly has nothing to do with what race the teacher is....

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
What does "persons of color" mean?
I'm going to hope it means any person who isn't invisible.. but I doubt that is what it means.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
what does persons of color mean then

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
To be eligible for this award, college or university students must be Language Arts Majors
first-time presenters at the GCTE Conference

**persons of color and**

--- (1) student teaching interns (or have recently completed student teaching) or (2) graduate students enrolled in English or English Education programs.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
if im reading it wrong then many people are going to read it wrong just like me and maybe they should reword it

maybe it should read

teacher awarded the prest. award of the year for the state of sc and we dont care what her/his color/colour is damnit

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I am not invested in either side of this discussion, but one comment really sat me back in my chair. It was: "We would never see the "White teacher of the year award." Nor should we."

If we have AA and Hispanic, then why shouldn't we have white? I guess I just don't see the reasoning.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this town has a pop. of like 950 total

Big Daddy said:
Evidently the award is funded and administered by a group supporting black teachers. It is to encourage black teachers to excel in the area of teaching and to encourage more to enter the field. It may be an attempt at tackling some of the problems in inner city schools. That's just a theory on my part.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i dont see why we all cant be equal - unless your illegal

you are allowed to have naacp but you are not allowed to have nay white groups whatsoever

i am no racist what so ever my kids are half white and half black but if you have this you should have this and if you dont like to have that then dont have that

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I think the thought behind that statement is that everyone should be equal anyway, and not see any difference in colour varying from person to person. If it were that way, there would be no need for seperate racial funds, etc.

I agree Barbara, it should read that! :lol:

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we have 3 problems

illegals
alligators
and hurricanes

we can dig a trench that will span the usa/mexican border to keep illegals out
we use the dirt from digging them out to build up the cities to prevent flooding
put the florida alligators in the trench
walah problem solved no need to have taxpayers pay for border control

in my 33 years i thought the race between black and white should be solved