you dont see this much in 2009

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
It looks like the teacher awards are heading in the direction of scholarships. There are so many scholarships offered by different groups and entities. Many have very specific requirements to qualify: diabetic, son of a veteran, or food service worker.
The awards may be funded by groups that like the format of awarding scholarships. I don't read anything more into it.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Sort of like this thing....if caucasians had set up an award for persons of color, it would be the rage of the age and law suits would fly. But since it has been started and supported by a black organization, it is fine. What up with that? :hu
When something is supported by the group you come from, it is seen as supportive. When supported by a different group, it is seen as condescending.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
If we have AA and Hispanic, then why shouldn't we have white? I guess I just don't see the reasoning.
I'm pretty sure it's because "white" folks have had the most power, money, health, property and prestige since settling here and therefore don't need to be singled out for special awards. Special awards tend to be to promote groups of people who have had a little harder time climbing that ladder.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
*hijack alert*

Could I just take this moment to interject that I think Will Smith is

HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drool

*hijack ended*

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: I would have to agree, but Djimon Hounsou is hotter. I think its the accent... :D

Even some white folks assume that white groups are racist. You tell people that you are a member of Daughters of the Confederacy, some automatically assume you mean to bring about another civil war and reinstitute slavery.

I know black people who think that the NAACP is racist. I work with an older black lady who was disqualified from getting assistance from UNCF because she changed her major from African American studies to American History. She sees that as racism.

We ARE all one race, if you turn to the Bible, we all came from Adam & Eve, later Noah & his wife & son's wives. If you go by evolutionary theory, we all share one genetic mother, mitochondrial Eve.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Are ya;ll kidding? LOL

there are specialty groups, minority awards, specialty scholoarships, etc. etc. out there in this world....and no "they" don't want just anyone getting the award. "the group" is targeting specific people to receive money and awards, help, etc. to help promote their race.

There is nothing wrong with that.

There is tons of money out there to promote "white" people out there and they take advantage of it. Some organizations want to target a specific group of people and have that award given to that group only.

I see no problems with it at all.

There will always be negative about daughter of confeds, negative about NAACP, negative about Latino health care clinics, etc. etc.....each group wants to take care of someone and be sure they are specifically targeted.

Is it right? I don't know?
Does it exist? Yes it does?
Will it change? I dont' know?
Is it segaration in reverse? Probably if you analyze it enough.

LOL---but to me there is nothing wrong with an Award of Color given to specific teachers.

While we are all human...humans have one fault....never will we treat everyone equal. It is nature pure and simple. Wolves would never treat each other equal. Alpha male leads the group, alpha females lead the group, etc. etc. While we take it further and show predjudice against actual color and ethnic etc. ....again it is built in us to "all " try to be superior.

Again, can we get over it?
It is saying to go against nature....I don't know...LOL

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have never heard of an award that only white people were allowed to obtain (in this day and age) if so the naacp would be all over it

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Wow, that's sure not the case here, either in my town or in my house !!!!!

I guess it's all part of the "fundamental restructuring of America".

Well, at least it's not Canada. Yet.

me&thegals said:
Ldychef2k said:
If we have AA and Hispanic, then why shouldn't we have white? I guess I just don't see the reasoning.
I'm pretty sure it's because "white" folks have had the most power, money, health, property and prestige since settling here and therefore don't need to be singled out for special awards. Special awards tend to be to promote groups of people who have had a little harder time climbing that ladder.