you dont see this much in 2009

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What drives me crazy is that the 'people of color' folks are the ones who perpetuate racism, as far as I'm concerned. An award for outstanding teaching should be to an outstanding teacher, color shouldn't enter into it. So many people are over it, yet it keeps being dragged up by those with an agenda.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
What drives me crazy is that the 'people of color' folks are the ones who perpetuate racism, as far as I'm concerned. An award for outstanding teaching should be to an outstanding teacher, color shouldn't enter into it. So many people are over it, yet it keeps being dragged up by those with an agenda.
My mom said something similar when everyone (any color included) made a huge fuss when Obama won. I can kind of see why they did, but honestly, its not helping anything to make a scene about it. A lot of people are over it and don't care what color anyone is.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I believe someone should create these awards

"Award for being white and not saying anything when only people of color or ethniticy win awards that only they can be in the running for"

"Award for being white and you cant get any other award cause there arent for only whites"

see how many heads you turn

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
If you go by evolutionary theory, we all share one genetic mother, mitochondrial Eve.
I read "The Seven Daughters of Eve" about this. Very good read.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thing is "whites" are not considered a minority group. They are considered the dominant race in this country from the start......so awards for other races (that are considered miniority) are allowed....whereas a "white only scholarship" would be considered discrimination.

It is about what race is the dominant one from the beginning of the country, and then who is the minority after that.......I know.....but it won't change.

But honestly, if you look at it as race per country, our "white only" people are becoming the minority with interracial marriage, illegals, illegals becoming US citizens from every country........not saying anything about this other than just by race in the nation.

So if "whites" are not a minority, then they can't have the prividlege allowed otehr races to have "their own awards" and such to help improve their race in the country.

make sense..LOL...not to me really, but it is the way it is.

One thing I do know, the race card is called way too often...UGH

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Caucasians may be becoming a numerical minority, but when you take a look at who has the highest seats of power (until Obama), the most Senate seats, the most money, the most land, the best health and longest lifespan, etc., it's fairly obvious that people of European descent still have the most of it all.

I couldn't really care much either way about awards. But, to pretend that all things are equal is really quite silly. They SHOULD be, but they are NOT.

So, if folks want special awards for peoples who have hard a harder time of it, I'm happy for them. If they don't, doesn't matter to me much either way.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Caucasians are very nearly a minority in my town. It's about 50/50 right now. Not typical of all of CT though.