Your Physical Self

sweetshoplady

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I eat chocolate every day. A little bit. I love chocolate covered strawberries! Yummy!

I've noticed since drinking raw goat's milk and eating fresh eggs that my skin and hair are nicer, softer.

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ticks said:
I had candy today :rolleyes:
LOL, was that a confession? ;)

My arm keeps sticking to this desk, as someone probably had candy here last night, or spilled the pepsi sitting here.

Just FYI, I eat candy everyday. I'm a candyaholic. Most definitely chocolate! Dark chocolate! If I can have a few nibbles of dark chocolate in the afternoons, that gets me through the day! :)

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think that getting animals and planting, canning, gathering has helped my attitude a lot. I have better days all around. I have noticed my pants fit better and I am always happy.

Before I tried a new style of life I was always tired and cranky. I sit at work and daydream about what I am going to do when I get home.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I agree, Shareneh. There's nothing like being around animals, outside and working in the dirt for the human spirit :) I read once that there are actual good organisms in the dirt that get in our bloodstream and help prevent depression. However it works, it works for me!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I read once that there are actual good organisms in the dirt that get in our bloodstream and help prevent depression. However it works, it works for me!

*********OK-OK
you need to seriously find out what those organisms are, bottle them, and become a ga-zillionaire!!! :)

now that is profit farming! :) LOL

I never heard that ?? huh? might explain my good moods when it seems some days I eat alot of dirt..HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks---that was interesting!

I guess I have to tell Tony that instead of a roll in the hay, it's time for a roll in the MUD!
LOL

time to get my hands dirty! I need a mood lifter... crazy what ya learn everyday! cool :)

BrookValley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I read once that there are actual good organisms in the dirt that get in our bloodstream and help prevent depression. However it works, it works for me!

*********OK-OK
you need to seriously find out what those organisms are, bottle them, and become a ga-zillionaire!!! :)

now that is profit farming! :) LOL

I never heard that ?? huh? might explain my good moods when it seems some days I eat alot of dirt..HA HA
Someone has bottled them up and become a zillionaire. They're known as homeostatic soil organisms (sp?) and the company Garden of Life sells many supplements based on them. And they aren't cheap. A good friend of mine swears by just not washing her veggies (if they came from a trusted source, i.e., no chemicals). There are good "bugs" in dirt, just like there are good "bugs" in yogurt and other cultured foods. We needs these good bugs to keep the bad ones away. A lot of health issues can result when the bad bugs overtake the good ones. It's part of the reason why antibiotics are such a double-edged sword--yes, they kill the bacteria that are causing illness, and that's a good thing--but they also kill off all of our good bacteria, which go a long way in keeping illness away in the first place.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow BV I never knew that....they already sell the product! Cool
I am definitely into more natural products and I do shake my head cause, isn't it sad that people have to buy this product.

I eat my carrots right from the ground, wipe on pants and crunch....same with radishes and anything else...LOL

So I guess I am one step ahead of those other people who must buy it.
Huh? thanks for the info...very intersting.

Latest posts