Your Weather

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So yeah... it's been snowing since 1am, and the truck is now stuck LOL, we have almost 2ft of snow on the ground now.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Raining, and gonna rain allday and night, so what little snow we did get is gone and it will be a sheet of ice by Friday. Right now it's hovering around freezing.
:( maybe you want my weather? this was at 8am

trucksnow.jpg

bootssnow.jpg

it's been snowing since 1am, and we have almost 2ft of snow on the ground, and now our truck, after finally digging ourselves out to mail something in town, is stuck at the bottom of the hill near the chicken coop because i stupidly thought it'd be a great idea to try and get it back up to the house, clearly NOT a good idea.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
no snow here...but colder than a well diggers arse!

Lori

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have rain coming tonight and tomorrow
cold but no wind so ain't bad

just going outside in long sleeve shirt and denim shirt over that. it works.

BUT with the little storm coming it is supposed to get alot colder. In the 40s here.

WHEW>>>>reading about some of ya'll s weather it is rough out there! psst..the south is very generous in winter to us....yippee

BUT I know real soon when we hear a storm is coming from Atlanta GA, then we get nailed with big time ice. So waiting for that first ice storm from GA to hit us...will be here after Christmas I am sure...ugh

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bitter cold yesterday into this mroning. Temperature rose to more than 50 after supper. It's supposed to be almost 60 tomorrow. There's still a little snow on the ground from the dusting we got over the weekend. Weird....

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We had our first freeze warning last night but it did not get that cold thankfully as I forgot to protect my rhubarb(newly planted). Did get the garden covered though. Dh now is in gear to get my greenhouse tents done & over my plants asap. Plus we have exposed water lines he needs to cover & rebury too.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had a weather warning last night, and I woke up this morning to everything iced, I had to pour boiling water on the coop doors to get it open LOL, though it was 0 inside the coop :) I put the themometer up yesterday so I would always know the temp inside the coop.

All the buses to all the schools were cancelled, so here I am... at home AGAIN. This is the third day this week, I have yet to go to school at all this week.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
miss_thenorth said:
Raining, and gonna rain allday and night, so what little snow we did get is gone and it will be a sheet of ice by Friday. Right now it's hovering around freezing.
:( maybe you want my weather? this was at 8am

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/ohthenargles/trucksnow.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/ohthenargles/bootssnow.jpg

it's been snowing since 1am, and we have almost 2ft of snow on the ground, and now our truck, after finally digging ourselves out to mail something in town, is stuck at the bottom of the hill near the chicken coop because i stupidly thought it'd be a great idea to try and get it back up to the house, clearly NOT a good idea.
Honey--if it weren't for hubbie's job, I'd be back up north where the snow falls freely in a heartbeat. And girl--you need to get 4wd. We've dealt with 6 ft of snow and never been snowed in or stuck ever. Except for the time hubby got his Polaris Ultra stuck in 6 ft of snow--that sucker is the heaviest snowmachine ever, and it was hard work getting it back on top of the snow w/o having it sink back in.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
It was 32' outside this morning, but sunny. It's about 54' outside right now. I figure in about an hour I'll go out there and do some outside chores. This is the first day I turned the heater on.
I want to plant some wildflower seeds before the next rain is due. And pick more tomatoes and peppers.