A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it's hot in Texas and we are super busy at work, but im super busy at home too. seems I always need to mow, garden and can. so far we have put up around 300 jars this year. most of the staple crops are winding down, but we have winter squash on the vine and I'm hopeful we get a decent harvest in time to replant something for fall

it's just about time to put some rabbits in the freezer and wouldn't ya know it this weekend is going to be the first days over 100. I really gotta get these guys sorted out soon. the heat is gonna be rough on them if not.

the chicken tractor is working well. the chicks seem pretty happy too. I hope they can take the heat. I have about 40 in there right now, 20 meat birds and 20 egg layers. won't be long until we put the layers out tho.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't have that many jars either! But I'm at 200+....which is mostly enough for just one person. Always looking and buying tho. LOL I need to fill these I have. It does take more when you can meats as well as veggies. My freezer runneth over!