Aggieterpkatie-Pics of my new rabbit-Page 38 !!!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
So sorry. I had to make the same decision 2 years ago w/my dog. It's never easy. :hugs

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Jack.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Thanks SK8R, I can't even read that now though or I'll cry at work. :p

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What a handsome boy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

(I can never read The Rainbow Bridge, ever...it makes me bawl like a baby.)

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looks like my Speedy, who also degraded into bones and skin. He was only 2 years old when I had to send him over the Bridge last fall. Vet thinks it was heartworm - which is rare in cats and cannot be cured (unlike dogs).

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your kitty, Murphy. :( 2 is way too young.

I just got back in from burying Jack. Scooter (my old man dog) was the only other guest in attendance. I wrapped Jack in an old shirt of mine and now he's resting comfortably beneath a large cherry tree. :)

We're supposed to get snow at some point this afternoon, and hubby has already called and said he'll be at work until at least midnight. :/ I was going to cook up a big pot of turkey soup. I've got some frozen homegrown turkey, and I was going to make up some homemade pasta to go with it. I think I'll still make it, and at least I'll have some. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
sorry baby, a tough blow. we lost my good old cat (20 years) and our good old dog (16 years) within 2 weeks of each other. so i'm feeling ya. its a tough blow indeed.

how wonderful that you wrapped him in your shirt - now he'll always be snuggled by you.

hugs