Aggieterpkatie-Pics of my new rabbit-Page 38 !!!!!

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
how wonderful that you wrapped him in your shirt - now he'll always be snuggled by you.

hugs
Aw, thanks! That's such a nice way to think of it! :)

And I'm so sorry about both your kitty and your pup. It must have been awful losing them so close together. :hugs

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting back into the swing of exercising! Two summers ago I lost 13 lbs. Unfortunately I've gained it all back and I feel uncomfortable in my clothes now. I am really going to try committing to exercising again. I know it works, because I've done it in the past. I really want to get control of my weight and be comfortable in my own skin! Ideally I'd like to lose 20 lbs total, but I just want to feel better about myself and feel confident again. I can do it!

Tonight I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was enough time to watch 2 parts of Edwardian Farm. I think I'll make that my incentive....I can only watch Edwardian Farm if I'm walking on the treadmill! :p If anyone else would like to start exercising, feel free to chime in! We can motivate each other! It amazes me how good I feel after I exercise, yet I hate doing it. :D I need to do it and make it a habit. Now I'm going to go shower and relax! ;)

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I just walked for another half hour on my treadmill and feel great. I hope I can keep this up! :clap

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Good job! The benefits to walking are much more than just the weight loss! I started walking regular about 3 years ago. It was really hard at first because I got bored so easily, even walking outside with our 2 dogs. Now I look forward to it as "my time." I use it to think and observe nature. Even in the city, I look at the clouds, notice the trees, watch what the birds are up to, etc. It has become very peaceful for me. All of that to say, stick with it and don't get down on yourself if you miss a day. Just pick up the next day and keep on keeping on!

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Well, I'm off to VA for the weekend. It's time for our second annual knitting weekend! My aunt hosts, and my sister and I go stay with her. We plan on doing lots of knitting and movie watching! :clap

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Well, I'm back from a weekend of knitting and good food. We had a great time. My aunt and two of her good friends also cleaned out their stashes of yarn. My sister and I were so lucky to be given SO MUCH YARN!!! I mean, this is easily hundreds of dollars of yarn that we each got. There's some gorgeous stuff in there! I can't wait to get started on projects! :weee

And, I'm kicking myself because I took our last homegrown turkey out of the freezer on the night of Jan 6th. I was hoping to cook it on Sunday (the 9th) but of course it wasn't thawed out. So, I meant to cook it over the weekend, forgetting of course that I was going out of town. So, I just realized last night that the 20 lb turkey is STILL in the fridge!!!!! The fridge is our spare one, downstairs. We hardly ever use it, so I just plain forgot. I'm soooo hoping it isn't ruined! I am going to pull it out tonight and give it the sniff test and make sure it smells good and isn't slimy. If it is still good, I'm going to quarter it and cook it tonight. I could just kick myself! :he

Do you think it'll be ok? Should I do a vinegar rinse or something just in case?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Homegrown? It is probably fine, especially if it was also home processed (cleaner processing.) I am amazed at the fridge life of home grown poultry and other meats.

Latest posts