Are we living our dream?

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DD here with me. She has zero interest in farming. We are probably going to the city for Chinese food, ink for calligraphy (for her), maybe some kind of fabric for a few pairs of pants for me…God knows I need it. And I want to check out the pawnshop for an adult tricycle. Today might be expensive. Oh and DD wants to go to the skating rink. Don’t even know if it’s open or what.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DD here with me. She has zero interest in farming. We are probably going to the city for Chinese food, ink for calligraphy (for her), maybe some kind of fabric for a few pairs of pants for me…God knows I need it. And I want to check out the pawnshop for an adult tricycle. Today might be expensive. Oh and DD wants to go to the skating rink. Don’t even know if it’s open or what.
sounds like a fun day in the city. we don't get to the city much, our small town yes (daily to take the kids to school) for weekly trips if needed for gas, farm store or something, but when we do it is fun--for a day. :gig Hope you had some good quality time with your DD

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay. Sorry. I feel better now. I only had to give him coffee while I cleaned up a bit. I really am sorry. I know I need to build him up. I know he is counting on me. Sometimes it’s just too much. I told myself to channel my Mawmaw so I can get stuff done and stay positive. I managed to put some cardboard boxes out and do just a bit with the pantry. Yeah the table is still a disaster but I have about 1/3 of the stuff picked up and lots of dishes. I seriously am always washing dishes. It’s not out of reach so long as I don’t let myself get too discouraged. Well maybe I can stay home today and make myself proud.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Once I am on a roll with it, I am good. I haven’t even checked my email s from the flylady but I have tackled a few hotspots. You can’t organize clutter. I make myself a promise…. I will set a timer for 15 minutes and then GO!! And I will do that until I see a difference and then I will look at one or two flylady emails. My gift to myself 🥰

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes. He is a type II diabetic, controlled by oral hyperglycemia meds. When we got married almost 3 years ago he weighed about 100 pounds more than me and I was already overweight. There is no longer that difference anymore.
He swears he couldn’t go without breads, rice and potatoes.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
So are any of y’all rabbit experts here and can tell me what is the most likely problem that stops rabbits from reproducing?
Not a true expert but some experience. @Chic Rustler probably is a good one to ask.

Check their body condition to see if they're overweight. That's pretty common, especially if they are free fed pellets. At one time I calculated 1 Tablespoon pellets per pound of body weight plus free-feed hay (and it was a lot of hay!!) for non-producing rabbits.

My rabbits didn't produce litters for over a year. It turned out to be rats eating the kits as they were born. :sick:somad I haven't raised rabbits since.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Waffles made basically with egg, cheeses, no flour. Low carb options
No almond or coconut flour? I've tried all kinds of flour substitutes, but they just aren't the same. So I just limit my bread. I do make the lasagna noodle recipe, but I use grated zucchini instead of cauliflower. Delicious and not that I-just-ate-a-brick heavy feeling in my tummy that has me searching for a flat rock in the sunshine, belly up like a lazy lizard.