Are we living our dreams?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love a few jobs, but the one that makes all my money, right now, has been destroyed by somthing called Obamacare.
Well, my godchild just left, after showing me her ultrasound pics. I have just requested to be shown the prospective studio, in the morning. I have already told my godchild we need to get rid of that garage door and replace it with French doors and get 2 chandeliers.
Apparently DH has already talked to her and offered to be her gardener. She told me that cuz I told her we need lattice and climbing roses.
My little farm did pretty good today and promises to do well in the very near future. I sold 3 dozen eggs to a new customer,then did my chores. Found a dead hen, that I assume had a freak accident. She was smashed under my corn bin. I haven't told DD, who was in charge of my stuff this weekend. Then I sold 15 mutt chicks for $30 to a young woman who is very no non-sense about her farming. She wants my remaining 10 chicks, which would be awesome because it will make room for the next hatch. She also has a single goose, with no gander, so she will buy one of mine. Also spoke of buying my entire Rouen project.
Well, might as well, keep my incubator working. If I can sell a few rounds of chicks.....awesome. And when the sales stop, I have birds to raise for meat, eggs and possible started pullet sales.
BTW.....I went to work Saturday and learned that 5 of my weekday, coworkers have either resigned or outright quit. I haven't yet, but don't know how long I can hang in there.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It really is amazing how some of our lives parallel each other's lives.

It's really good that you've taught your son the difference between what he wants and what he needs. That is one of the most important life-lessons. My own children (even though they are both out of the house) need to be reminded of that from time to time!

I hope/think the massage therapy might be just the thing you're looking for. you are already in a "caring" profession - so it won't be a huge change.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh - that is a definite pearl of wisdom... "healer - heal thy self"! How can anyone take care of someone else if they don't take care of themselves first?

Isn't it awesome how God puts people in our paths that remind us of his wisdom!?!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that most healers are actually the ones in need of healing. So yes, it is very important to tale care of you before you take care of others! Enjoy it, to me it feels good to self heal. A little indulgent, but our culture teaches us that we should put ourselves last, and that's not fair to us or others, because we cannot bring our best that way. So indulge, and take care of yourself!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Best wishes to your Hubby on his surgery.
Good luck on your home business. It will be hard, but it sounds like you have the knowledge and determination to make it work out.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Are you going to be selling herbs and foods you grow yourself, or are you going to be representing a company? Either way, good luck!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've been learning more carpentry skills lately myself just because I got tired of waiting for hubby to do stuff. And I may actually be able to make some money w/it by building small chicken houses. I have someone that will let me sell them from their house which is on a major road.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You go girl! I've always been pretty stubborn about doing things my way - which usually means I do 'em alone! Since September when DH had his wreck, through the heart surgery, to the vitreous hemorrhage I've been on my own with any physical labor anyway... Woman power!