Are we living our dreams?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'll see if I can find my book. Can you let one get open flowers? That will help me a lot.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have fought that same weed. The roots are long, it's tough to get rid of. it will also branch out and make a scraggly bush. I would love to know what it is and if it has any redeeming value.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Get me some good pics of the flowers, leaves, etc. and give me as much of a description of it as you can and I'll see what I can come up with.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I found my book, so when you get a chance, if you can get me some more pics and as good a description as you can, I'll see if I can figure it out.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning. I'm up first, as usual. Got my new thermal coffee pot yesterday and it should be just about done making my first pot of coffee. I warmed up the pot with hot water, before I brewed.
I hope I have a few more sunny days to work with, but I need to get into homeschooling. Sometimes when the public school kids show up and I realize they don't have school, I just do chores and let the girls play. When I plan on such, I like to limit chores to 2 hours.....real fast, then teach and do chores in the late afternoons.
DS wants to change hitches and found a friend who has need to also change to his hitch, so they swapping, because the man wants to work the same time as his mom.....nice, but he can't afford it and DS called me to say he might be off 2 weeks instead of one. I called my BFF to tell her if she needs a delivery guy within the next 2 weeks to let DS know, but he had already done so, so we just chatted and I told her if worse comes to worse, he can just help me knock my list to pieces.
My GC came over 3 days ago because she was convinced she has parasites in her GI track, so she wanted some of my colon cleanser and she walked around my garden with me, while I was beginning to plant the May Haws and she suggested to me that I needed to start a Facebook group, especially to talk about all I had going on and what green medicines I am making and selling, so I did and I invited my farming and all natural friends into the group and asked them to invite their friends, etc.....Well, last night while I was eating jello shots, I was messing with the computer and suddenly I'm added to a new Facebook group, started by my neighbor and I"m the only member, except him and its called Garden of Eden. Then he messages me and the plan in to have a group specifically for heirloom vegetables and fruits and he needed a few more minutes to finish up everything else on the group, but wanted my opinion. I told him to go for it and we can mention it and have discussions on my group also. He added another member and I will go visit the group and see if we have a handful yet. He might like SS, now that I think about it. But he asked me if I'd mind advertising some of my herbals on his group, because he wants to promote heirlooms, natural remedies and such.
I called the nursing home I applied at last week, but they hadn't done anything with my application yet and told me they had state in the building. I guess thats a good enough excuse for me. I just would like to make a couple of thousand dollars before DD19 gets married.
Well, DD8 is up and I'm sure coffee is done. Have a great day!!! Check in later.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
it's still too cold here in VA to garden. I could start some cabbage, broccoli, etc. for early use & peas can go out next month, late. But, won't start tomato, peppers, etc. until late Feb, to out in Mar. Even then, have to be prepared with cover for the young plants that want more heat.

This year we've have real extremes from week to week in weather, like so many areas. Farmers are in for a tough road this Spring. But, I can hardly wait to get something going!!

Ahhh...chicken plowing. I have AGH pigs doing that and it was really GREAT until the real cold hit. Then, they decided to burrow out larger & deeper pits to lay in during the day.:eek: Seems they felt this was warmer & below the winds. Oh, they lined them with some straw & built a little pile on the windward side. Smart animals! The went back into their huts when the rain & snow came. The holes are now full of water & I'm not impressed! They were rooting shallow. More tilling to level out than I had hoped. Goofy pigs! March -- one boy goes with girls and one to butcher. Will co-ordinate with my moving them to another field & re-tilling their current ones. My goaties have given me LOTS of straw bedding for the garden. Kidding soon, sooo hope it warms to allow me to clean it all, rebed for those events. Then milking starts.

I love farming, I love farming, I :old

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Neat baymule. I have mini versions of that coop, on a more simplistic model, for ease in moving around the garden. I imagine that would require more than one person to move, but it should be good wherever its located a while. This looks even easier to construct than the trampoline frame tractor I'm wanting to finish. I might try to convince DH to put something like that together for me, because he is wanting to rip his deck apart around the pool. I love not having to cut grass.
Well yesterday I broke down and went to the hardware store. DD 8 asked me for BB's for her gun and I needed connections to turn the bottom of my water tank into a faucet, a sack of concrete to support the base of one of the T-frames from my old clothes line to use as a trellis for the merlitons to grow up on and some wire to attempt to make my own rabbit cages. Today I put the faucet together for the water tank.....now all I have to do is figure a way to get the roof to drain water into the tank, the cement to dry, so I can put cattle panels in an archway across the top, stop my DD from shooting up everything, and deciding once and for all how to make my rabbit project become a reality.
A lady a few towns away wants to buy a pair of my geese, but her husband won't let her until she sells her ducks, which one of them would do good here and her rabbits, which I might just barter them against the geese.....depending on how many we talking about.
I tried to cut my tractor tires today with a bow saw, but was afraid to mess up the blades with the wire in the tires I was finding. DH is supposed to have used a reciprocating saw to form our older tractor tire planters, but Daddy's saw has a blade in the shape of an S, so really need to change that out. Just looks like its past time to get serious.
Gotta go to New Orleans in the morning with the girls for pointe shoes......hate cities.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is a good discussion to be having with one's self, particularly here near the new year, when we tend to reflect on things that could use some improvement. I usually feel blessed with my situation and lot in life, but once in a while I go through a depressed mood for a few days.