Bimpnottin's Journal - OFG: Bacon scarf

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rainy day in Wisconsin.

Made the kids pancakes with chocolate chips and totally let them eat in the living room while watching TV. What can I say, I had stuff to do and letting eat them that way was SOOO much neater than getting out the syrup.

I have to take the oldest daughter shopping, sometime this week. Ugh, I hate shopping! :barnie We have a wedding this weekend and she has nothing to wear. Why is it so hard to find clothes for an 8yo that fit and aren't slutty? It's a really good thing that she still likes the tunic tops and the leggings and dresses. I am proud of her, though. She started summer school yesterday and came home and told me that she can't figure out why some of the kids were wearing the clothes they were wearing, because "they didn't even cover their butts!"

Today is a pretty laid-back day, or it will be after I get home from my farm audit. These people are going to be a pain in the butt. "I turned all my stuff in to the office. Why are you coming out here?" And to nicely tell them that they didn't fill out their paperwork correctly and that they "omitted" that they had taken out another loan and didn't tell the office about it. Yeah, going to be a test of tact today, which stupid people have this habit of making me lose. :/

On the other hand, had an audit at a strawberry patch yesterday and I got to buy some berries, they open Wed to the public. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! :drool Those were the juiciest berries, notice the past tense. :p Bought 5 qts and there are NONE left, except on the strawberry cream cheese pie I made. (I can't pick berries after ending up at the ER the last time I went and both eyes swelling completely shut - something about the plants, the fruit doesn't bother me.)

Have to do laundry today, so the rest of the family has something to wear to this stupid wedding. I know that it's my husband's cousin, but so?! We don't get along with her, her politics drive us nuts, and we're going to have to stay with my MIL who drives me insane. This is the woman who left my wedding reception to take her oldest daughter to the Packer Hall of Fame and the one who gives crappy presents to my kids. It's pretty bad when the 4yo got a really butt ugly necklace for her birthday and my oldest looks at her and tells her to get used to it, because Grandma M doesn't like us! uh, she figured this out on her own! :idunno Great Grandma is lucky we love her, otherwise we wouldn't be going to this wedding. Sassy old woman played the "grandma card" and that she wants pictures with all her grandkids, because it's probably going to be the last time they will be together at the same time before her funeral. Dang woman is almost 86 and scared us this spring with a prestroke, so dang her! :duc

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
wait! MIL rant???

* OFG runs right over and "aint that right" and "uh-huh's" with B.....

;-)

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have the same kind of weird allergy with mangos... I can eat 'em all day, but I have to be super careful when slicing them. If I get a lot of the juice on my hands and arms, I break out in hives. Weird.

ETA: I just went back and looked at your photos from the craft show. Awesome! My daughter would have loved, loved, loved that kind of stuff when she was small.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
wait! MIL rant???

;-)
Hahaha....I thought the same thing!

Bimpy, that wasn't too bad of a rant, it sounds like you have some self control :thumbsup

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Bimpnottin said:
Great Grandma is lucky we love her, otherwise we wouldn't be going to this wedding. Sassy old woman played the "grandma card" and that she wants pictures with all her grandkids, because it's probably going to be the last time they will be together at the same time before her funeral. Dang woman is almost 86 and scared us this spring with a prestroke, so dang her! :duc
You will NOT regret this! I promise! My maternal grandmother passed yesterday evening, and I don't have a single picture of her with ALL of my kids. She was 83 - so do this! Let her pull that grandma card and grin and bear it - and afterwards, you can let the MIL have it!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
wait! MIL rant???

;-)
Hahaha....I thought the same thing!

Bimpy, that wasn't too bad of a rant, it sounds like you have some self control :thumbsup
That was a mild MIL rant. Thinking about her pretty much pi$$es me off, so I try not to do it. Don't even get me started on my SIL who is pregnant to avoid being deployed and won't call it a baby, but calls it "gote" as in zygote. Yeah, could be an interesting weekend with me not popping the ignorant pregnant lady when we would like to have more kids and haven't been able to get pregnant after we had the stillborn twins last year. Errrrrrrrr, that will really peeve me off.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Bimpnottin said:
Great Grandma is lucky we love her, otherwise we wouldn't be going to this wedding. Sassy old woman played the "grandma card" and that she wants pictures with all her grandkids, because it's probably going to be the last time they will be together at the same time before her funeral. Dang woman is almost 86 and scared us this spring with a prestroke, so dang her! :duc
You will NOT regret this! I promise! My maternal grandmother passed yesterday evening, and I don't have a single picture of her with ALL of my kids. She was 83 - so do this! Let her pull that grandma card and grin and bear it - and afterwards, you can let the MIL have it!
We NEVER regret seeing the great grandma. She was THRILLED on Mother's Day when she was in the hospital and we dropped everything, got the kids ready, and drove over the 5 hours to see her. Her - we would do anything for. The MIL, not-so-much.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Living well is the best revenge. Just remember those berries every time someone works your nerves.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Still raining. I might have to wade out to the garden later and pick the strawberries that were almost ready the other day, but not quite. So, better pick them before they turn to mush on the plants.

Have a plastic grocery bag of asparagus to take care of. Think I might try pickled asparagus, but need my dishwasher first to wash my jars. He He, I'm so lazy with that.

I do have supper figured out. Chicken is thawing. I'm going to make rice in my Pampered Chef microwave rice cooker - I LOVE that thing! Add in some chicken broth and some cloves, turmeric, other Indian spices. Then, I'm going to make a curry with onion, garlic, lentils, chickpeas, chicken and lots of spices. I even have some Roti (sp?) bread in the freezer that we can cook up for supper.

My poor garden, might have to try and replant the zucchini - pathetic, no cukes came up, and no summer squash. Weird weather. However, the 8 brussel sprout plants that Bob bought, look great. I hate brussels. :sick

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hmmm,

This is my garage:

3315_100_7390.jpg

This is what was on my garage this morning:

3315_100_7377.jpg

This is the reason it was on my garage roof this morning:

3315_100_7385.jpg

(Black and White it the BEST mouser EVER :D - and apparently, pheasant treer - her name is Bluster. When she was a baby, she would hiss and spit at you, then curl into you as soon as you picked her up. The white and tiger is Lovey, which is what happens when your kids get to name the cat :rolleyes: she's Bluster's daughter. The tiger is Tag because he "tags" along when we go for walks and he an "tag" ongizes the dog!)

Literally 10 feet away from the deck. My hubby asked if I wanted pheasant for supper. Sigh, Big Mouth 8yo was awake, so I said no. :/ She would have told everybody about it.