Booker81's Journal...Backward Steps again...favorite healing tips?

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm hoping to learn a bit on wine making :). A friend and I go wild blackberry picking every year, and we get gallons and gallons of them. Usually I make jam, but blackberry wine sounds mighty nice to me!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
You all have wimpy smoking machines, :lol: :hugs
:yuckyuck

I can fit 6 whole deer in mine at once...

*** runs off to go get pics of the most manly smokie smoker you have ever seen ***
:bun :plbb :clap :ya :p :celebrate :bun

ETA Photos of my smoker.... we cured bacon, beef and deer jerky, bologna, sausage, ham and a pork loin.. these pictures were taken prior to deer season last year and was our test run.... and first curing of the smoker....

P1011512.jpg
f.jpg

e.jpg
g.jpg

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
You all have wimpy smoking machines, :lol: :hugs
:yuckyuck

I can fit 6 whole deer in mine at once...

*** runs off to go get pics of the most manly smokie smoker you have ever seen ***
:bun :plbb :clap :ya :p :celebrate :bun
Hurry hurry!

Course, you can't blame me on mine - it was free! Well, other than hubby's labor :D He gets me lots a nice things with his hard work. I'm keeping him!

I want to build a brick roasting/BBQ pit thing in our yard. Something I can get a couple pigs on.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:gig MP!! A small family could LIVE in that thing!!!
Seriously gonna try making wine this winter! There's a thread around here somewhere.......

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You're gonna post how to make something like that right??! A neighbor down the road has welding stuff, and I know I could ply him with enough eggs to get him to build me a beauty like that if I buy the materials!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow I think I could even build that smokehouse. We have concrete blocks everywhere and I could get roughcut boards pretty cheap....... Wonder how it would look made of cedar?

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That looks freaking awesome. I think I could make that...I know I could!

I need to call the grocery and see how much they'd charge for a fresh pork belly. Hubby put my smoker in the garage, but spring CAN'T be too far away! Only about 5 months! Heh.

I need to place my garden order here soon.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Let me know what your grocer plans to charge you for the pork bellies. I called around a bit because I wanted to make my own bacon. It seems really expensive.

:idunno