Booker81's Journal...Backward Steps again...favorite healing tips?

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
He also asked how long it takes to raise a pig to eat. I told him 8 months or so.

I hope to have a pig in a couple months! :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
it can be quicker than that, baby!

we got ours in june and butchered the first week of dec. we only waited that long b/c of a scheduling problem. and look at us rollin' in all this bacon! whoooot!

:)

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I want a LOTTA bacon...I'm going back and forth on one or two pigs.....twice the bacon....

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
twice the bacon and twice the ham, baby!

you cant go wrong with two** and if its too much.. then there will be a lot of friends circling around. or dog food. we went thru 78lbs of ham last year without even breaking a sweat.

and the bacon was gone in a flash. go bacon!

** being herd animals they probably will be happier with a friend. if anything they will do less damage alone. BBH had just one and it worked out for her and her pig was enormous!

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Mmmmmmm.....ham!

I wonder how they get by selling the stuff in stores as "ham". All the real ham I've every had is that glorious red stuff that's juicy and smells good and doesn't tastes like a salt lick.

Ok, two pigs it will be (shhhh....don't tell hubby.)

I hope my book tells me how much room I can get away with for them. Only got an acre here, and though less lawn to mow is good, I don't think we need to start hosting mudbogs here!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
whooot! see! you'll have them paid for with all that 4wheelin! ha ha!

we laughed at the store the other day (we are totally giving the butcher guy a complex). they had 3lbs ham steaks for $13.

HA! while we still have to get ours done at a custom butcher, cured and smoked they were $1/pound.

oh golly all that hammy goodness will be yours soon....

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OMG.

My spawn is a constant source of comedy.

She just ran to hubby and informed him, " Daddy!!!! I get poopy out!! I push HARD! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!