Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
I would say that Torah is not "THE LAW" ie., the 10 commandments.
I would also venture that the word Torah is a filler word for the Pentateuch.
A way of being able to ascribe legalism disguised as orthodoxy.
At least that is what I am seeing.
I think I get what you're saying, the word Torah does not mean THE Law, but more along the lines of guiding, teaching, pointing in the right direction, so could be applied to the entire bible really. I don't know about the word being filler for Pentateuch or not...I see it as being much broader in true meaning than that. The Holy Spirit could be described as Torah for that matter, as it is a guide and teacher. I think people may be looking at the word as a proper noun rather than an adjective. I think of it in form as an adjective. Torah is not a thing, but more a description of thing(s)IMO.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
All Christians do well to understand ancient Jewish history, because that is also Christian history. An understanding of the Law, although we are not under it, helps us to understand the writings of the apostles and to understand what God expects from us today. There are many principles to follow, even though we CAN use mules and wear clothing of mixed fibers and eat pork! Thank goodness! BACON!!
LOL

Amen on the bacon :D

Also it brings to mind how some people selectively use passages of the old testament while totally disregarding this entire point.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Didn't they have a similar problem during the time Christ was on earth? I'd have to look it up, I can't recall exactly where it is now, but it was in one of the gospels. Children were refusing to use what they had to help their parents because they had dedicated it supposedly for use by God and Christ denounced this practice.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
OK, so 3 weeks ago, our little billy did his best. I was sure that he had managed to make proper contact with the does when I held them in a spot where he was able to be up higher.

Well, one of them is back in heat for sure, and another is on the verge.
We tried a different strategy to get him in a better position, but now he is freezing up and refusing to perform if we are around.
:barnie

I need ideas and fast!
I ws thinking about a doe sized pen that will hold them in place with a platform behind.
Its -10 outside so constructing anythingis going to hurt :he
Help!
Learn to AI? Maybe? You wouldn't have to build anything at least :hu

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
OK, so 3 weeks ago, our little billy did his best. I was sure that he had managed to make proper contact with the does when I held them in a spot where he was able to be up higher.

Well, one of them is back in heat for sure, and another is on the verge.
We tried a different strategy to get him in a better position, but now he is freezing up and refusing to perform if we are around.
:barnie

I need ideas and fast!
I ws thinking about a doe sized pen that will hold them in place with a platform behind.
Its -10 outside so constructing anythingis going to hurt :he
Help!
Learn to AI? Maybe? You wouldn't have to build anything at least :hu
Thats what I was thinking when I stopped and read earlier.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Do you have a neighbor who has a buck? That might be a thought......