Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Wannabefree said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
OK, so 3 weeks ago, our little billy did his best. I was sure that he had managed to make proper contact with the does when I held them in a spot where he was able to be up higher.

Well, one of them is back in heat for sure, and another is on the verge.
We tried a different strategy to get him in a better position, but now he is freezing up and refusing to perform if we are around.
:barnie

I need ideas and fast!
I ws thinking about a doe sized pen that will hold them in place with a platform behind.
Its -10 outside so constructing anythingis going to hurt :he
Help!
Learn to AI? Maybe? You wouldn't have to build anything at least :hu
I don't think I can get the proper stuff today :barnie
I would have to order from Outside, and by then I would be stuck with 5 open does until next fall :barnie
You do have a dilemma...sorry that's is all I can think of, besides just strapping the does down and letting the little guy do his thing when you walk away. I hope you get them bred. I have no idea of needed equipment for AI but is that something you might be able to borrow? I dunno...maybe that is a dumb idea. I'm used to having things available down here in the lower states if needed, and never done AI, just kept a buck around.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used a hay bale behind my big girl for my Nigi male. But he didn't care about me being around. Maybe you can hold her in place and turn your head so you aren't looking at him.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ahhhhh I see...well yeah that could pose a problem as well :lol: Good luck though!! I have never had the displeasure and that is exactly what it sounds like DISpleasure. BUT, I would if I had to I s'pose......

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my buckling...once I firmly established my dominance with him, he wouldn't mount a doe that I was holding! But if I turned my body slightly so I wasn't "squared up against him" and looked away, he got braver. Hunch your shoulders a bit and look less challenging. Hide your beatin' stick behind your back. Etc.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
God Bless you both for opening up you help and home to those folks. Not too many people would do that these days. :hugs

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aw, that's sad. Good reminder about the pets.

Latest posts