Cannabis as medicine for real, anyone?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ah heck we can say that about anything in life.

My Mom quit smoking at age 77. She is 83 right now. Not on one pill.....yet someone who smoked 10 years at age 68 gets lung cancer.

Healthy people who jog/exercise 7 days and week and eat right keel over from heart attack at age 50, yet the obese person on 18 pills per day lives to 80??

There will never be a true indicator of what effects individuals in any way but I sure agree with alcohol makes a sloppy person while other drugs just make ya stupid. And that goes for anyone on prescription (legal??) drugs also LOL

just what I want, to call a company and get my customer rep being high...oh yea makes me feel great LOL :lol:

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Just like alcohol, anyone can get it. What people put into their bodies is there business. Sure as heck not the government at any level... It's weird that something as incredibly dangerous and damaging as alcohol is legal, while marijuana is not.
:thumbsup

Study the history of pot in the US some time. VERY interesting.
Ain't it though.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Reefer makes darkies think theyre as good as white men. - Harry Anslinger, Federal Bureau of Narcotics Chief, 1929

okiegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm actually a little shocked by the responses.
I stand on the side of decriminalization of pot. It needs to be regulated, much like alcohol, but not illegal.

There will always be people that use to excess and they will have tragic events happen due to their lack of control, be it pills, pot, meds or anything that can be used as a high. Those same people that were lazy after pot were the same people before. Chronic bad choices.

My shock stems from some of those posts claiming the FDA as a reliable source of information. Since when does the FDA spread truth and good will? It is always about money, not health. .... period.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Legalize and tax like alcohol.Some people abuse alcohol,and some will abuse pot.

It is to bad that hemp is not legal.It is a useful crop. Native Americans grow it,but the govt. will destroy the crops just before harvest. Hemp has so little THC,but I suppose they think real cannabis is mixed in with the crop.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Mattemma said:
Legalize and tax like alcohol.Some people abuse alcohol,and some will abuse pot.

It is to bad that hemp is not legal.It is a useful crop. Native Americans grow it,but the govt. will destroy the crops just before harvest. Hemp has so little THC,but I suppose they think real cannabis is mixed in with the crop.
I think hemp as a fiber is legal in some states.