Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1:50 here and 4:50pm there
Coffee Time
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She has three different inhalers as regular meds. Nausea is the main issue right now
I often have nausea issues....

Ginger works well for me, or smelling a freshly cut lemon.

I sure hope you both get better fast... not fun being so sick.

I am a huge fan of well made bone broth, beef or chicken. Chicken if your stomach is not happy.

https://www.mindfood.com/article/health-benefits-of-bone-broth/

https://wellnessmama.com/5888/bone-broth/

I actually like hot water with a bullion cube :hide or those instant miso soup packets.

Other news is we started getting sick on Friday. Made it to the base covid test site today. Can actually get in there not like town.

This isn't as bad as the crap I had in December 2019 which I still think was an early covid case. Was a hairsbreath from heading to ER then because I couldn't breathe. Only time I lost my sense of smell ever. Plenty of albuterol and flovent saved me.

This fever roller-coaster sucks. Stays just above 102 for hours then crashes. So I freeze then sweat. Rinse repeat. Ache all over. Eyes are watering like mad. At least the headaches haven't been prominent since Saturday morning.

Results sometime tomorrow. Hubby isn't as bad but no cough or lung issues for him.

He joked with my Mom yesterday that the pass was now open so we'd come vistand bring it to her. She said she'd block the door. She loves us, but she loves us sick elsewhere.
I hope you both heal up fast!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dont think I told you this story from last Feb. -June as to why I was MIA for so long
The end of Feb. We got 2 more pallets of cement block, a full dump truck of cow garden compost and built more Vegetable garden beds. I spent a full day raking back gravel and getting the ground ready.
IMG_0147.JPGIMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0163.JPGIMG_0167.JPG

We started on the 1st of March and on Sat. the 6th I got my seeds in the dirt. So DH and I busted this out.

In April all of my kids and 8of 9 grandkid cam and spent a week,,

May 20th, I got new chicks so you all know whats involver there.. non stop with 10 new chicks
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/raising-chicks-has-been-a-joy.1254494/page-37
and in June
on the 11th I went out for 4 hours with my hedge trimmer and got started on cutting Blackberries, Salal brush on an area that is on a slop on the other side of the chicken coop. It was higher than me in a lot of places. You can see it on the left of the coop

IMG_0451.JPG

I went out and worked about 6hours a day on the 12th,13th,14th was 8, and the 15th was 6, I finished and then did some mowing and watering the gardens.
The 16th, I must have been dehydrated each day I was drenched wet through and through, I drank water but should have been drinking the Liquid IV I had in the pantry,,, I got up about 4am and did a face plant,, spent the day resting, DH thought I should have gone to the ER but NAaaa,

Capture11.JPG

Capture12.JPG

All Done, I figured if a grown Man in his 60's+ can tend to a property, So can I

IMG_1259.JPG

But,,, thats not all,, I went out on the 21st and cut some trees down, they wernt big around but big enough for me to haul and buck
IMG_1071.JPG

Capture13.JPG

And it was a good misty, foggy morning to get the burning done, DH and I made sure the fire was coned up and dead, the very next day the temps went up and we had the worst heat wave Wa. states ever had. We were quite busy July on through.

The End

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
4:30, time to start supper,
Salmon red potatoes, broccoli
We like to watch Curse of Oak Island on Tuesdays,

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning. Been awake for awhile. Done with coffee, had brownies for breakfast.
Yesterday i got a span of fence down, pulled the T-posts and rolled up the wire. I took down 3 cow panels and replaced with a span of wire. Neighbor Robert showed up and helped put the wire up. Then I went to take down 3 horse panels and he cut 2 dead oak trees. Didn't want to leave them for the new owners, if they eventually fell, they would have hit the parameter fence. By the time I got the horse panels down, I was beat. I worked outside from 8:30 to 3:00. I rested for about an hour, then fed animals.

I was going to go to town, but #%@%^%&@# car wouldn't start. So took truck, with trailer attached. Filled it up for trip to Groveton on Friday. Going to get car started, take to Car Max and sell it. I'm done with that stupid car. It has electrical issues and quits waaay too often. I would love to take a 12 gauge shotgun and pump it full of holes, set fire to it and dance naked around it. But, if I can get money for it, that's a down payment on a new car. Sure takes the fun out of a dead car.......

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is a warm 46 out this morning and 55 in the house,
not to bad,
going in for cup#2,
Its laundry day, clean the bathroom day, I think I'll make chili burgers for dinner,
I dont think I'll make up a fire, its suppose to be 55 by 1pm,
You all have a nice day, and I pray for all of you that are under the weather.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday.
Slowly clawing the way back on the path to wellness. Eldest daughter said last night she is on the mend, but her hubs is sick now.

The wife slept in the recliner last night, but SLEPT! She's sipping coffee right now.