Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@farmerjan I can deal with the cold. All I have to do is put stuff on,lol but showers or toilet not flushed, yuck!
I had 4.5K cash saved for a new truck but just gave it as down payment. Even gave eggs to the guy. It will be installed in mid April and instead of having to pay the remaining 4.5K, I can pay in 2 payments. So refreshing to know that next winter, I will be OK.
Thank you guys!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not going to make him feel bad for wanting to see his family but his family (mostly his sister!!!!) will make him feel bad for bringing me seeing how for some unknown reason she hates me and has ever since she met me way back when.
GOOD THURSDAY MORNING Y'ALL!!! Hold in there we're almost to the weekend.
Then you’ll just have to put on your “kill her with kindness “ and a smile so sweet that sugar wouldn’t melt in your mouth. Then you are blameless and she is the witch. I wish you luck with that and have as good of a weekend as possible.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! It’s a rainy, drizzly morning and 54F degrees. Sheep are huddled up in their shelters. Dessa, the ewe with the dead lamb, is doing better. She kept up with the flock yesterday. Time to start chores, but I’m all snug and warm in my sloppy sweats and cuddled under an afgan. No ambition. Dirty Birdies on the porch need their tubs cleaned up this morning. 5 minutes later you’d never know I just cleaned them. Already looking forward to them being in the freezer. Even in a chicken tractor moved daily or twice daily, the Cornish Cross are some nasty poop masters. That’s why I call them Dirty Birdies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My 2 new girls!

IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4273.jpeg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll get a pic of the corn when I go down to water,
I started with this, hand plowed and on my knees pulling up grass & weeds,
image_67508481.JPG

and 3 days later had this,

image_67211009.JPG

but I'll get a new pic, after while

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Local farmer's market starts up again tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to reconnecting with with my suppliers!
Had a great convo with one of CSA farmers I have known a long time (coached my son's youth baseball team). He is striving towards organic certification. We had a conversation last summer about some of my solutions for stuff like powdery mildew and bugs. He was so excited to tell me my advice helped him research some more solutions and was looking forward to apply them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's a overcast day slight breeze and currently 64 degrees. Forecast to be a partly sunny and a high of 74. I had to dump out kiddie pools last night and again this morning. But here is why growing in kiddie pools is so successful.

IMG_20230611_202443921~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats on your wedding. Don't worry too much about it.

My family said the best wedding they ever went to was when I married my husband. He wore his uniform and I found a cream lace dress on sale. Had it at my Grandma's (Mom's mom) out in the country. My Grandpa (Dad's dad) performed the ceremony as a local judge. We just set up chairs and tables and everyone brought some food. No decorations. Mom and Great Aunt made a small fancy cake (they made cakes for all of the family weddings). I picked up some mixed flowers from the grocery store and Mom turned them into a nice bouquet. Wedding took 10 minutes. One minute of that was Grandpa asking if anyone had objections and waiting saying "this is what we call a pregnant pause". Grandpa was wearing overalls. Total cost was about $150

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Smile on my face this morning. This weekend is our little town's summer festival. Lots of small vendors, downtown blocked off, tractor parade tomorrow, General parade Sunday.

Cotton candy and Italian sausage sammies.